How sensitive are the Fractal expression pedals??

Orvillain

Power User
I've got a Boss EV30, but the travel doesn't really kick in until almost halfway up the pedal. This is even when callibrated and happens across all of my digital modellers. It kinda sucks.

Is the Fractal one any better?

Sounds like your calibration is still off - is it the same with both expression i/o's? (Ev30 has dual exp functionality). Have you used the EV30's range adjustment feature, followed by calibration?

But to answer the question - the Fractal pedals are quite good (we have three EV1's here), smooth full boot sized movement and precise control.

You can customize the sweep etc. As long as the pot is turning and pedal is calibrated ive never had an issue.

You can make them cry at the drop of a hat (or the touch of a foot) - that's how sensitive they are.

Calibrate it and it will be smooth across the entire sweep of the pedal.

I've got the EV30 set to minimum, and normal polarity, and I'm plugging it into the FC12, and I've done the calibration and swept through the range of the pedal. Is there anything more I should do??

I just figured it was a bit crap!

I've got the EV30 set to minimum, and normal polarity, and I'm plugging it into the FC12, and I've done the calibration and swept through the range of the pedal. Is there anything more I should do??

I just figured it was a bit crap!
When you calibrate make sure you're using the FC jack calibration and not the Axe Fx.

Also, does the slider move thru the full range when you move the pedal?

And you're certain you're using a TRS cable?

When you calibrate make sure you're using the FC jack calibration and not the Axe Fx.

Also, does the slider move thru the full range when you move the pedal?

And you're certain you're using a TRS cable?
Yeah, I'm doing all that. And I do have a TRS cable. I see the slider moving. But it doesn't quite hit the top of it's range. But when it's calibrated, I do get 100% on anything I assign it to.

The issue really is that it doesn't leave 0% quick enough; doesn't seem accurate.

My FC12 is on firmware 1.12 too.

It's not like I can't get 0% and 100% - I can. It's just that the first 1/8th or maybe 1/16th of the EV30 doesn't produce any data.

Check if the pot has come loose. If it spins a bit with the movement of the pedal, you'll get dead zones like that. Could just be a funky taper on the pot too.

Check if the pot has come loose. If it spins a bit with the movement of the pedal, you'll get dead zones like that. Could just be a funky taper on the pot too.
Thats why Id either change the sweep a little, or even play with calibration to see if I can find the sweet spot.

I've got a Boss EV30, but the travel doesn't really kick in until almost halfway up the pedal. This is even when callibrated and happens across all of my digital modellers. It kinda sucks.

I had a EV30 and had the same issue the Fractal pedals work perfectly.

My FC12 is on firmware 1.12 too.

It's not like I can't get 0% and 100% - I can. It's just that the first 1/8th or maybe 1/16th of the EV30 doesn't produce any data.
That sounds like the auto-engage range. There’s a tiny dead zone at either the bottom or top of the pedal’s throw. https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/..._Controllers_and_Control_Switches#Auto-Engage might help.

I use two FAS EV-2 pedals, and two Dunlop MiniX pedals interchangeably and without problems.

Last edited:

I have 2 , they are sensitive about being called names.

Back
Top Bottom