how resistant is axe fx2 to blackouts?/how to protect my unit from blackouts

I would say the Furman is nice but i think it's overkill. If you're just running the FX go with an APC unit for around a 100. You only need a minute or so of extended power to walk over and turn the unit off. These units take batteries, they will need replaced at some point which is not cheap. In some cases more expensive the UPS the more the batteries will cost, 5 years i would say is about the time they start failing or depending on how many hours of actually battery time they have been used. I agree with some of the other posts if you have a large studio it's a great idea to have everything plugged into one of these unites but it makes no sense to purchase a larger unit than you will ever need. Good Luck

It's not resistant. If the power goes off the unit will stop working. To protect against this use a UPS.
All kidding aside, a blackout is a total loss of power. If you totally lose power, the Axe-Fx will stop working. So will everything else in your house. None of it will work until the power comes back.

A blackout will not damage the unit. The power switch on your Axe-Fx works by causing an internal blackout when you turn it off. If you want it to keep running during a blackout, you need a UPS (uninterruptible power supply. A UPS has an internal battery that will continue to supply power for a time to anything that’s plugged into it.

All kidding aside, a blackout is a total loss of power. If you totally lose power, the Axe-Fx will stop working. So will everything else in your house. None of it will work until the power comes back.

A blackout will not damage the unit. The power switch on your Axe-Fx works by causing an internal blackout when you turn it off. If you want it to keep running during a blackout, you need a UPS (uninterruptible power supply. A UPS has an internal battery that will continue to supply power for a time to anything that’s plugged into it.
so it doenst get damaged when turned off because of blackouts ?

if you are %100 sure about it than im really relieved. my only fear was damaging my unit because of blackouts.
When you turn off the power switch on the Axe-Fx, you immediately cut power to the device. That's as abrupt as a blackout can be. If a blackout would damage the Axe-Fx, the power switch would damage it, too.

I have my Axe-Fx mounted in a rack. It's plugged into a Furman power conditioner. I turn off my rig by throwing the switch on the Furman. That causes a blackout to occur to every thing in the rack, including the Axe-Fx. I've been running this rig for more than six years with no damage.

When you turn off the power switch on the Axe-Fx, you immediately cut power to the device. That's as abrupt as a blackout can be. If a blackout would damage the Axe-Fx, the power switch would damage it, too.

I have my Axe-Fx mounted in a rack. It's plugged into a Furman power conditioner. I turn off my rig by throwing the switch on the Furman. That causes a blackout to occur to every thing in the rack, including the Axe-Fx. I've been running this rig for more than six years with no damage.
oh thats great than :) thank you very much
so why did cliff said that i need an ups. maybe because of my bad english he tought that i wanted to use the axe fx during blackouts :)

oh thats great than :) thank you very much
so why did cliff said that i need an ups. maybe because of my bad english he tought that i wanted to use the axe fx during blackouts :)
That's how you worded the question...
how resistant is axe fx2 to blackouts ? should i get worried by it ? and is there any spesific thing i can do to protect my unit from blackouts ?

This strikes me as being overly pedantic. Obviously, the unit isn't going to work during a blackout as it needs power and, "how resistant is axe fx2 to blackouts?", cannot reasonably be interpreted to mean that the OP was asking about its performance in the absence of electricity.

More reasonably, the question seems to be about whether interrupting the power externally to the unit might damage the unit. I think you could also reasonably extrapolate and assume that the question was asking about the impact of power fluctuations (spikes and brown-outs) that typically accompany black-outs on the unit.

It also appeared to me, from the first post, that this was also an, "English as not their native language", situation. This has certainly become clear as the thread has progressed and the, "we answered the exact question that you asked", shtick wore thin about 20 posts ago. It's also clear that this approach hasn't really helped the OP with his concern.

This strikes me as being overly pedantic. Obviously, the unit isn't going to work during a blackout as it needs power and, "how resistant is axe fx2 to blackouts?", cannot reasonably be interpreted to mean that the OP was asking about its performance in the absence of electricity.

More reasonably, the question seems to be about whether interrupting the power externally to the unit might damage the unit. I think you could also reasonably extrapolate and assume that the question was asking about the impact of power fluctuations (spikes and brown-outs) that typically accompany black-outs on the unit.

It also appeared to me, from the first post, that this was also an, "English as not their native language", situation. This has certainly become clear as the thread has progressed and the, "we answered the exact question that you asked", shtick wore thin about 20 posts ago. It's also clear that this approach hasn't really helped the OP with his concern.

well that explains alot now.. i didnt know that my sentence was not correct.. sorry about that :(
im really good at understanding english but when its my turn to speak things become complicated sometimes.

My answer, which you quoted, was not overly pedantic. He asked a question:
and I answered it in the only way that makes sense.

If you're trying to say Cliff was overly pedantic with his answer, OK, that's your opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom