How organized do you keep yourself with your axe?

I thought if I upgraded from a II to an XL+, I'd have "extra room" to organize what I had AND actually use. :? Nope didn't work that way they are all full now.

____________________________________________Amp____cab_preset__date____________
For naming convention, I'll name say, preset 431: *MesaIIC.Uc351(430)080515 ...Where Uc is Ultrares cab, (430) is the preset reference for the preset it spawned from. As I tweak I'll increment from each derivation(432), etc.

Snapshots are helpful as Matt pointed out in another post, but they don't carry the leading preset number, tho. So I have the snapshot folder open and add the preset number just after creating one so I don't forget or get confused.

Still it gets difficult to identify minor changes from one to the other and after a while for me, it becomes too tedious to maintain a document as Hotplate mentioned.

In the end, I 'wing it'... "that's a bat pun..."

I basicly use the "1 preset per song" approach, so there is not much to organize. Just use Axe Edit to keep backups of your presets on your HD.

Most of these presets are just copies of 5 basic presets with some "general setups" that cover almost all grounds. I rarely even edit them these days... one thing of having all these effects in the Axe is that you soon get bored with super-effected sounds, so I tend to keep it simpler nowadays.
I copy my basic presets for specific songs simply because I love to put extra information into the preset name.

Back
Top Bottom