How often do you reset system parameters?

lp59

Experienced
I never did it, and was wondering when and for wich reason to perform this task.
From the Wiki:
Doing a system reset and having that "fix" things does not surprise me at all. There are a variety of parameters that affect the overall sound that could be set incorrectly either by accident or by a bug in previous firmware. A system reset gives you a clean slate and ensures that the unit sounds as intended. The only drawback is that any changes you've made to I/O and MIDI control assignments will be lost.

Do you write all parameters per hand, (Global, I/O, MIDI, Tuner, FC controllers), could @Al Grenadine implement a “get parameters list“ in Fractool to have a file with all used parameters? Thanks in advance.

As a beta tester I often reset the system. And it's a bit of an OCD thing: whenever I don't trust my ears, I reset the thing. I know which Setup parameters I've changed from default (and also have written it down), so a system reset and reconfiguring just takes a minute or two for me. Frankly, I think every user should know his or her way in the Setup menu, it's important.

Last edited:
I rarely reset parameters. But I do keep a list of all the system parameters I've changed from default in a Note taking app.

As a beta tester I often reset the system. And it's a bit of an OCD thing: whenever I don't trust my ears, I reset the thing. I know which Setup parameters I've changed from default (and also have written it down), so a system reset and reconfiguring just takes a minute or two for me. Frankly, I think every user should know his or her way in the Setup menu, it's important.
exactly the same here. pretty much after each FW install and mainly for OCD reasons. have my settings written down for reference and quick readjusting.

I used to do it infrequently, but doing it solved a big issue I was having at one point in the preset manager with presets saving very slowly when moved. Since then, I reset periodically.

Last edited:
Many times, when I update my firmware, the unit reboots and the system settings are wiped. So I have to restore them with the Bot.

It seems to be a situation where, after I've loaded new firmware, I am using the front rocker switch to power down for 5 seconds, and this causes this phenomenon.

For normal operation I leave the front switch on, and I am using a Neutrik powercon connector to my whole rack to turn it on. All power is going through a Furman F1000-UPS.

Just happened when I upgraded to the 16 BEETA Saturday night.

Many times, when I update my firmware, the unit reboots and the system settings are wiped. So I have to restore them with the Bot.

It seems to be a situation where, after I've loaded new firmware, I am using the front rocker switch to power down for 5 seconds, and this causes this phenomenon.

For normal operation I leave the front switch on, and I am using a Neutrik powercon connector to my whole rack to turn it on. All power is going through a Furman F1000-UPS.

Just happened when I upgraded to the 16 BEETA Saturday night.
That is definitely unexpected behavior. You should probably check with support...

I did a full reset recently (just before the beta was released) due to some very strange behavior with CS MIDI button on the FC12 double-sending commands (it would send the switch down value, the switch up when released, then, with no prompting, the switch down value again!). I backed up my presets, reset the system, reloaded my presets, reconfigured my MIDI assignments, and the weirdness went away; no big deal.

I reset the System Parameters everytime there is a major change in firmware version (ie: 1.45 -> 2.00) and/or if there are any changes in those parameters. I've had to reset them once or twice in ~10 years to correct some weirdness with the MFC-101 and/or attached pedals.

I will also do a backup of my system parameters every now and then, reset them, and redo the settings/pedal calibrations, etc. manually as part of semi-regular maintenance.

A clean and fresh computer gizmo is a happy and reliable computer gizmo...:cool:

Oh, I should add, I can't wait to reset them, once again, when Cygnus is out for my FM3.....oh yea.

Do we have a list of all parameters and their default values? I must say that I’m a little scared screwing my FC setup, Stand in switches, etc.

Do we have a list of all parameters and their default values? I must say that I’m a little scared screwing my FC setup, Stand in switches, etc.
export your FC Layout as a backup from the FC screen in Edit.

you may have to adjust the Stand-In menu on hardware specfically, but that should only be a few quick changes.

I never had the need to, so I haven't. Axe III user since somewhere around Black Friday 2019 I think. Any wackyness I've run into has been transient, fixed itself with a restart.

Or I'm blocking out the trauma... But I don't think so.

Damned, it took me an hour! Especially entering my 11 custom scales, didn't know that you could export those, but I learned it the hard way! ;-) I wish there was a "export/import all custom scales" menu...

I want to reset system parameters. It's my first time.

I don't understand why some of you configure manually the parameters.

I was going to follow this process:
1- back up the fm3 (presets, user cabs, and system+FC) with fractal-bot
2- reset parameters
3- import presets, user cabs and system files with fractal-bot

Is it wrong the third step?
Do I have to manually configure the system parameters?

Back
Top Bottom