How much would it cost to own all the amps/cabs/effects in a Axe-FX II?

Is it possible to count that high I only have 10 fingers. honestly why bother the cost of moving and storing all of them would be high also. what about the light bill between the power for the amps and pedals the air conditioner would not shut off trying to keep the room cool.

I'd guess between 1/4 and 1/2 million dollars. Heck the Dumbles and Trainwrecks alone would be a fortune.

I don't know, but...

If the Axe-FX didn't exist, my next choice would have been an ENGL Invader, an Orange 412, a massive amp rack, an Eventide Eclipse, a whammy 4, a Crybaby rack, a couple of other pedals in the +$300 range, and a rack mounted effects switcher.

On multiple levels, the Axe-FX is saving me. Both in my wallet, and in my spine.

So true. An axe xl, mfc101, and a pair of clr cabs is a large investment but when you consider what it can replace, it's quite a bargain.

So true. An axe xl, mfc101, and a pair of clr cabs is a large investment but when you consider what it can replace, it's quite a bargain.

It has, however, made it really hard to justify "gear for the sake of gear" purchases to my wife. I get the "doesn't your Axe-FX already do that?" response a lot.

In hindsight, I may have given her WAAAAY to much info on what the Axe-FX was capable of before I bought it. :lol

I estimate approximately $654,362.28 + tax in Canadian Dollars based on yesterdays 4pm exchange rate.
Did you include patch & mic leads, mic stands, variacs, studio preamps & yearly cost of replacement tubes and general servicing?

That's true Zelja. I just spent $168.00 on my Mark V after it broke down on a gig. The tubes shorted out, so new tubes plus maintenance. I own several really good amps (and guitars) and I spend a fair amount every year on maintenance. Never spent a dime on the five years with my Axe-Fx Ultra. Now I'm on the second day with my brand new II Mark II and the only thing I anticipate needing maintenance is my sore finger tips.

Did you include patch & mic leads, mic stands, variacs, studio preamps & yearly cost of replacement tubes and general servicing?

Not to mention the cost of the stuff that you'll have to have custom built, because it just doesn't exist. Like the massive unobtrusive matrix switching system you'll need to get it to function anything like the Axe-FX. Or how about how to deal with all of the deeper features in the blocks that you can't actually do to a real amp without destroying it. Or the biggest one, a way to bend physics, so you can have all of it go direct to the PA with little to no stage volume!

Agreed. Bob Bradshaw could spend the rest if his natural life and not be able to wire some of the things the way we can in this box.

There are a few different ways one could figure this, but the one best way would be for FAS to figure it seeing how they are the ones that used the gear to model all the sims whether bought or borrowed. I know way back when I bought into the Axe it started saving me money keeping me from going through amps, cabs and effects. Even if you used an average number of say $2,500 just for the amps that's $500,000 in amps alone. Cabs mic's effects easily another 100K so the $650,000+k estimate is probably not too far off.

There are a few different ways one could figure this, but the one best way would be for FAS to figure it seeing how they are the ones that used the gear to model all the sims whether bought or borrowed. I know way back when I bought into the Axe it started saving me money keeping me from going through amps, cabs and effects. Even if you used an average number of say $2,500 just for the amps that's $500,000 in amps alone. Cabs mic's effects easily another 100K so the $650,000+k estimate is probably not too far off.

Not to mention a few of those amps cost in the $5000 to $10,000 range alone. Then there's the stuff that money just can't buy, like older amps, cabs, and effects that there's only a few left, or they are unique, and Cliff was just lucky enough to get a chance to model them for us.

Not to mention a few of those amps cost in the $10,000 to $50,000 range alone. Then there's the stuff that money just can't buy, like older amps, cabs, and effects that there's only a few left, or they are unique, and Cliff was just lucky enough to get a chance to model them for us.

^^Fixed.

The Axe Fx has saved me about $10,000 on physio, which is where I predict I would have ended up if I kept up carrying around an AC30 and DC30 :p

The bulk of my patches are Recto, Uber, and Das Metall. Even just taking into consideration those 3 amps, I'd already be over $10,000. So, that says something.

Back
Top Bottom