How much will it cost? Hmmm.....

the axes´ reverb is no lexicon, the pitch shift is no eventide, the digital delay is no 2290, of course there is no analog sounding delay...no way to really clone a small stone phaser...and so on...don´t get me wrong - i know why i want an fx8...i just think the price is too high...

Your opinion. In my opinion our reverbs are equally as good as Lexicon, our pitch shifting is better than Eventide and our tape delay emulation is among the best delay available.

Your opinion. In my opinion our reverbs are equally as good as Lexicon, our pitch shifting is better than Eventide and our tape delay emulation is among the best delay available.

I agree that they are on par or better in some instances, which is why I sold off my two, 22 space racks, and went with two Axe II rigs instead. I shaved my cartage down from 400lbs to under 25lbs, while gaining flexibility I never had previously.

Here is the last incarnation of my fridge racks which the Ultra replaced:

MyRig_zps27859b6f.jpg

As you can see, there is a Lexicon PCM-41 and PCM-80, the Eventide H3000S with Vai presets and three Rocktron Intellifexs, a Digitech IPS-33B and Rocktron Intellipitch. I've had and used them all, obviously cost and weight were not considerations (and I had a back-up, duplicate rack to as well!!!), and I now choose to use the Fractal stuff, because it is better, cheaper and lighter. If someone disagrees, they are free to buy something else.

Agreed. It is worth noting that other units simply sound different and can be quite complimentary to the Axe-FX.

I agree that pitch tracking is really good on Axe. For delays and reverbs I would pick Strymon. Maybe Axe can get there, but I myself cannot program it to sould like Strymon. Some more onboard presets would help i think.

Strymon does have their own sound, but I didn't mind the very slight change in tone.

I'm with you, I believe the Axe FX is fully capable of achieving most of the sounds available on the various Strymon pedals, but it would take me a long time reading and trying to figure out what do to make those sounds on the Axe FX. So, in the mean time, I'm happy with what I can do, knowing that the Axe FX is capable of even more.

Back
Top Bottom