• 26-50%

Votes: 32 14.7%
  • 51-75%

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • 76%+

Votes: 75 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have not had the time to go through every sim but I can say that the sims that I have been using some were really great and some I felt suffered and some I had to completely change but I believe that was mainly due to the default settings being different then what I had dialed in. Once I was able to re-tune those presets I was happy with the results. The end result that I have noticed is an increased depth and a much closer representation of the amps being simulated.

Man, I'm so in the minority here - I moved from 8 to 10 and I guess I just don't play any specific preset enough. Without doing an A/B comparison, I can't tell the difference. I just turn the dial until I find what I want. Plenty of great clean tones, plenty of great crunch or heavy distortion. That's as much as I look for.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Signed,

2186110-danny_partridge_2.jpg

I voted 25% , for me the difference in feel and response is more apparent than any change in tone.
I thought 9.02 sounded great , the feel was much better with 9.02 than with any of the previous FW versions.
the feel with 10.0 is noticeably better. with 9.02 I had to tweak sag, transformer match and pick attack to get that "liquidy" response I look for when playing lead (well attempting to play lead that is....) with 10.0 I've done very little tweaking and I'm loving the response and "thunk" I'm getting now.

I upped from 7 so it was a BIG jump. Almost every amp is incredibly better. I had 2 or 3 amps I liked in 7, now I have at least 10 or more I LOVE.

I voted the 50% improvement option. FW10 really made a big improvement to my ears/tastes. I'm haven't even managed to get through a third of the presets as I keep playing all the different amps getting caught up in their awesomeness. Was hard to sleep last night after an evening of digging in.

Fascinating statistics. The distribution is not at all what I would've predicted.

well... the reality is that this community is still in the Honeymoon period of the new firmware, so when you apply that to a non-quantifiable concept as "what percentage improvement" then you'll see a heavier shift towards the higher end.

Personally? From Version 7.0 I'd say its a significant jump in tone. Percentage?....dunno...maybe 15-20%? But as I said....its non-quantifiable, so its basically meaningless:)

I'm not really sure how to answer this. I've had the II from FW 1 and I've been able to get the tones I want out of every firmware when I needed them.

I think it's all about the FEEL for me in this one, which to me is now pretty much indistinguishable from my army of amps. The Axe has always been capable tonally if you put the work in, and there have of course been many great changes that make this easier every FW, but the Feel has never been like this. Amazing.

With the exception of a little 3 watt, super clean tube amp I built myself to use as a pedal testing platform, I haven't fired up a "real" amp in the studio in quite a while.

I don't use the Axe live, always used my amps and pedals (not because of any shortcoming of the Axe, just a personal thing) but now, I don't think I can ignore it anymore. I think one of my units is going to become my live rig, by not using it, I'd be missing out and I was never totally convinced of that live before. I always thought what I used was enough.

Fascinating statistics. The distribution is not at all what I would've predicted.

For me, 9.02 was not really lacking in anything to speak of. 10.0 just sounds that much better, but not as drastic of a change as coming from a Line6. So I am more in the 25% range. It is a big 25% though.

Obviously the tone is a huge change and improvement. I can definitely "feel" these amps more, which is not something I thought could be improved as much. I also like some of the workflow changes on the front panel and other functionality as well. It's nice to use AE again, although it's clearly still a beta. I guessed 50-75% although that's based on future discoveries as I've tended to just play it since the update and I haven't been tweaking settings all that much.

I went with a fairly low number. I think it was pretty close before, so I try not to get too high on new FW right off the bat.

Although if I had to rank, I'd say that the heavier models score less than the clean/overdriven models.

Me neither. I asked because the love fest threads were so beyond my experience, I thought to put it to a vote.

For me 10 sounds dark and I have yet resolved that entirely. I have two IIs side by side one on 9.02 and the other on 10.

I see the potential, but I haven't found the magic as easily as others.

I've done the preamp and system resets.

I upped from 7 so it was a BIG jump. Almost every amp is incredibly better. I had 2 or 3 amps I liked in 7, now I have at least 10 or more I LOVE.

I upped from 7 as well, so I didn't vote in your poll.
I find the difference between 7 and 10, however, to be significant.

I said screw it and went for the over the top number of 76%. I don't get usually like to get all hyped up over releases and I will concede that every release since v5 has been great, but based on the Fender and Vox models alone I went from either not wanting to use them to not being able to dial in a good sound to just not wanting to stop playing them. I had all the Marshall crunchy tones I could ever handle in prior releases, but this opened up a whole other spectrum of sounds that I can dial in extremely easily.

Is it really a 76% improvement overall? Probably not, but the ease in which I've been able to dial in just about every amp I've touched so far is up there.

Back
Top Bottom