Votes: 45 20.6%
  • 76%+

Votes: 75 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

luke

Compared to V9 please.

For me about 1%, since I felt we were so close to begin with.

I voted a little stronger than normal because of the return of at least a partially working Axe-Edit. I did not work very extensively with the last couple of upgrades.

I've only been playing the Plexi100 & the JCM800 mod so far, and based on those it's a 100% improvement!!!

I definitely want Fractal to release more producer pack mix IRs as well.

v10 is 100% better than v9 to my ears and having a version of Axe Edit that works with v10 makes it way easier to program. v10 is the closest sounding and feeling to the real amps as it has been to date.

v10 is amazing, but then so was v9 and so is Fractal.

No other gear on the market keeps evolving after you purchase it. Tubes are great, if you like inconsistency and relying on a good power source for solid tone. The Axe2 just sounds good all the time.

i'm only using the axe fx II as an effects unit in front of an amp so my percentage will be lower than most

just want to say that.
fm 10 is so mutch better than fm 9 atleast for me i voted 76 + because of the realness,thickness,bottom,and all that sustain in those amp im using.
all marshall,fender,high gain amps just killer tone here in gothenbourg tank u allot Cliff and Fractal.
fm 9 was very nice,but fm 10 is a real killer.
i really cant understand that it is a hybrid,data,prossessor amp that give me that killer tone.
ive have used big guitar rigs all the time before ultra and now fx2.
and for me hunting is finally over.
that special tone i just found it with fm10 the real thing in this little unit really swell.
cant really understand why the upgrade and patches seems to sound so mutch different in eage and other guitar rigs.
i really think that the guys at Fractal did there very best for me/us guitar neards out here.
ive always try to read the forum everyday and trying to get eny tips and trix that you all guitarists have come up with.
thats atleast my thoughts about this fm10.
over and out

Last edited:
I went for 20% - which I think was an incredible improvement on an already excellent product.

I was more impressed with the leap from FW6 - FW7 - in that case I went from thinking 'Meh..' to 'Holy Shitballs!'..... but for me that can never happen again.

If the question is: ' how can the sound/feel/amp response be improved?' - then I have no answer ( though I'm sure Cliff has a few...)

FW10 sounds pretty f**ing excellent to me but it's not light years ahead of FW9 - because that sounded amazing too.

Give me a scientific analysis of what a percentage means, and I can quantify my opinion. ;) Until then, I'll just say it's a great improvement.

It's fun to hold a poll like this but what does it really mean to sound % better?

Give me a scientific analysis of what a percentage means, and I can quantify my opinion. ;) Until then, I'll just say it's a great improvement.

Here it is, for measurement of % change of ending up happier :
-100% : My AXE unit is down :(
0 : No news of the new firmware update :shock
20% : Line 6 announces a new product :roll
50% : Gibson and Fender stop selling overpriced products :eek:
1000 % : Firmware v20 has just been released for the AXE-FX 4 8)

My best shot at being scientific. ;););)

Last edited:
To me the biggest improvement with FW 10 and Axe-Edit (yes they are connected in my eyes) is that finally all the nagging about Axe-Edit seems to be put to rest.
No more we want bla bla bla, or no they dont ow you bla bla bla.
No more talking about "sides" in the Edit battle, and no more people getting pissed off.
Finally we can get down to talking tones, and helping eachother with building awsome sounds.
That is in my eyes the best improvement with FW 10.

How the amps have improved really dont mean that much to me. I know I will never be a good guitarist, so even with FW200 the tones will still suffer from my lacking skills :)

Now back to practice.

I would say 25%.
The Axe II was already amazing with V9, everything sounded so real and fantastic. V10 took this to another level, but as the OP said, we were already very close to begin with.
That being said, though, the improvements in feel are much more important to me than tonal improvements as I loved how V9 sounded. And with this firmware I can feel the tubes in the back of my Axe II and under my fingers.

It's a bit like asking how many percentage of improvement there is from the Ptolemaic to the Copernican model, isn't it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom