How much are the new foot controllers for the axe FX 3 going to cost and when will they be available

The FC's won't support MIDI directly. They are supposedly proprietary and for only the Axe FX III. The Axe III itself supports MIDI just like the II does (hence the MIDI ports on the back panel).

The FC's might be able to indirectly trigger MIDI events from the III, but that has yet to be revealed in detail.

The Behringer is crap.

I think the behringer pedals are ok.
I mean, you press a pedal, and stuff happens. What else do you need a midi pedalboard to do?

Yeah, the fade pedals get loose easily and it's a bit tricky to program, but other than that, I did not have any problems with my FCB at all... I really don't need to invest in anything else, and for the price, you can't beat it.
I soldered some clicky pedals instead of those smushy original ones. Good result :)

I'm looking forward to the FC. Got my Axe-FX III last night, and was going to connect it to the MFC via MIDI, but I couldn't immediately find one of the dozen or so MIDI cables I have. I think I have one around, but I fear that I packed up some of that extra stuff thinking I wouldn't need it and crammed into a box that could be anywhere in my garage at this point... wish me luck!

I think the behringer pedals are ok.
I mean, you press a pedal, and stuff happens. What else do you need a midi pedalboard to do?

Yeah, the fade pedals get loose easily and it's a bit tricky to program, but other than that, I did not have any problems with my FCB at all... I really don't need to invest in anything else, and for the price, you can't beat it.
I soldered some clicky pedals instead of those smushy original ones. Good result :)
It was the expression pedals that I had the biggest problems with, Could never get them to calibrate correctly.

I only used it with the UNO chip and the Control Center editor. I had no real issues programming it.

Cool, I didn't know about Control Center.

I was trying to use it from the manual to control an Eventide Eclipse, TC4000 and a Bricasti M7. Simple stuff, PC to all, CC to the Eventide. Could barely get the PC to work, even with help from someone more midi savvy. I got a McMillan Soft Step 2 which was a little easier to program and much lighter, though no built in expression pedals.

Midi mapping is different for every device, add multiple brands/units and you've got a chess game. Does Control Center have a learn midi mapping function that can address multiple different brand/units at once?

Cool, I didn't know about Control Center.

I was trying to use it from the manual to control an Eventide Eclipse, TC4000 and a Bricasti M7. Simple stuff, PC to all, CC to the Eventide. Could barely get the PC to work, even with help from someone more midi savvy. I got a McMillan Soft Step 2 which was a little easier to program and much lighter, though no built in expression pedals.

Midi mapping is different for every device, add multiple brands/units and you've got a chess game. Does Control Center have a learn midi mapping function that can address multiple different brand/units at once?
Not that I recall... But I had no need for that.

I'm pretty sure the manual is online.

It's a very solid piece of gear used by many here with good results... It's not the best or very easy to program even with the replacement ROM chips... But it's far from crap.

I agree. It does well for now particularly using scenes. Though im saving up for a MCF. Id rather use presets and "stompboxes" instead of scenes so i can create all different types of sound on the fly.

Wait, where????

All I can find is how it can send MIDI with scene changes, and a reference to the FC section which is empty.

The FC can be used to change scenes. The MIDI block can send MIDI PC and CC on scene change. In fact, the MIDI block can send multiple MIDI messages on scene change. Looks to be more powerful than just 'normal' MIDI implementations on most devices.

Wait, where????

All I can find is how it can send MIDI with scene changes, and a reference to the FC section which is empty.
I don't think it will work standalone like you want, but it looks like it will send multiple PC and CC messages with scene changes. I haven't dug in to using it yet, but seems like it works for what I need. I've seen you post about how you work with things, and it doesn't look like you can simply assign a button to what you want without changing scenes. At least not yet. Ya never know how things may evolve with these guys though.

Can’t wait to see the finished product and not just mock up
Hopefully the scribbles are black backgrounds may with blue lettering
I didn’t love the blue background in the windows TBH with the color led around the switches there. Was just too much going on IMO

The FC can be used to change scenes. The MIDI block can send MIDI PC and CC on scene change. In fact, the MIDI block can send multiple MIDI messages on scene change. Looks to be more powerful than just 'normal' MIDI implementations on most devices.

That isn’t functionality specific to FC though. That will work with any controller, or without a controller. The manual has a vague reference to some extra functionality with an FC connected, but provides no details. So we don’t know almost anything about how they will work.

Back
Top Bottom