How many using 1 master patch?

I use one preset per song, though many of them use copy-pasted amps.

M@,
Is this because each song's effects configuration require it's own preset or just because it's simpler to have the preset configured and ready for each song - less tap dancing?

I'll admit..... I'm always looking for opportunities to see into the your specific thinking and planning processes for setting up your presets and how you manage/use them in a predefined live context as well as in a more jam type environment - to learn from it.

A couple of artists that always impress me with their plethora of different sounds and effects (even during one song) are George Lynch and Jeff Beck. Of course, I realize a lot of this has to do with their technique and how they use their guitars (trem, volume/tone knob, etc). But there's no denying having a certain palette of "effects" is a major part of this equation - especially with George.

He seems to get so much from a minimal pedal board.

With regards to the Axe-III, I assume this would fall more into the category of using a single preset and setting up scenes, channels and IA to certain effects.

I use a single preset for all the gig with AXE FX III and AX8
I repost my video about my live presets.

FS 1-2-3 for Lead Crunch and Clean, the rest for stomps

I would LOVE to have a preset for each song - but that would mean constantly rearranging presets for setlists and a nightmare if the band leader called an audible...

I suspect I'll probably settle into a few more than 2 presets if I need some special effects, but it just doesn't make practical sense to have up to 100 presets unless there was a lightning fast way to drag & drop them into setlists that could easily be rearranged if need be, like the sheet music in the OnSong app (while it has its many techincal issues, it's very easy to quickly create setlists!).

A couple of artists that always impress me with their plethora of different sounds and effects (even during one song) are George Lynch and Jeff Beck. Of course, I realize a lot of this has to do with their technique and how they use their guitars (trem, volume/tone knob, etc). But there's no denying having a certain palette of "effects" is a major part of this equation - especially with George.
From what I know, Beck uses a guitar, a cable and an amp... Anything else is manipulation of the guitar.

Depends on the gig, but usually one preset with everything switched from with in the preset. I have many instances of tis games preset but with different amps.

From what I know, Beck uses a guitar, a cable and an amp... Anything else is manipulation of the guitar.

I'm sure it vary's from tour to tour and whatever he needs in the studio..... but he's known for using effects - albeit a minimum - to achieve some of his sounds. No denying that Jeff Beck is one of the best examples of "tone is in the fingers". Especially in the way he takes full advantage of the controls available on his strat.

Her's one of his pedal boards.

Jeff Beck - Pedalboard.jpg

5 Main presets that I bank up/down between. All the same amp sounds but each presets have the my expression controllers behave differently. Sometimes wah, sometimes whammy, formant etc.

Back
Top Bottom