How many simultaneous reamp channels?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm just wondering if the III can reamp more channels simultaneously than the II?

Can it reamp 4 stereo or 8 mono channels simultaneously?

It would be great if I could reamp 2 stereo guitar tracks and a mono bass track all at once and tweak them while listening to the mix.

To answer the channels part, it looks like you can send/process/return 4 channels over USB. Still only 2 amp blocks available though.

Would I be able to use Amp 1 and Cab 1 with stereo FX for guitar 1 and Amp 2 and Cab 2 with stereo FX for guitar 2 and reamp both stereo tracks at the same time?

Also, would I be able to do above but with mono FX and use the Tone Match block as a cab for a mono bass track and be able to reamp all 3 tracks at the same time?

You wouldn't have a third amp block for bass, but it should all be possible otherwise.

For Bass, I usually just use a Crossover with a Drive on the HPF side, Multiband comp and a Parametric EQ as a Cab.

I've been hoping for an Axe-Fx plugin but if the Axe-Fx III can reamp 2 mono guitar tracks and a mono bass track all at once, I'm definitely getting one for recording and will keep my Axe-Fx II XL+ for live use.

For Bass, I usually just use a Crossover with a Drive on the HPF side, Multiband comp and a Parametric EQ as a Cab.
I've been trying out all sorts of things to get a good bass tone for my bassist, and I've gotten real close, but just haven't hit the mark. I even tried something like you described here, but just could get it to do what I wanted, probably due to my limited bass tone knowledge.

Could I trouble you for a patch? Maybe I can learn something that gets me where I need to be.

Back
Top Bottom