How many separate AXE FX III parameters can be controlled via midi? 16?

unclematt

How many separate AXE FX III parameters can be controlled via midi? 16?

Are midi assignable parameters limited to the 16 external controllers? or can you have more. Say I have a 36 knob midi controller, can I assign them all?

@Semih Yanyali If I plug a midi controller in, can I control more than 16 fader knobs, or just on/off controls? Would I be able to control 36 knobs and control 36 different parameters in the Axe?

FracPad can link additional CCs to parameters, on the Axe II at least. I'm not sure if this is possible on the III.

Other than that (or some alternate SysEx controller/translation approach) you're limited to 16 CC control sources by the 16 Ext Ctrl items. One CC could adjust multiple parameters though, up to the 32-modifier limit.

You can't do more External Controllers. There are 16.

16 external controllers is limit but you can add more midi controllers to some other parameters like outputs...so, yes you have more than 16 available parameters to control via midi. his question was not “how many external controllers are available in axe fx?”

Last edited:
@Semih Yanyali If I plug a midi controller in, can I control more than 16 fader knobs, or just on/off controls? Would I be able to control 36 knobs and control 36 different parameters in the Axe?

on top of the 16 external controllers available, you can link outputs/inputs to midi cc and than also there are someother tricks via sysex etc if you have programmable midi controller to send sysex messages.

Last edited:
16 external controllers is limit but you can add more midi controllers to some other parameters like outputs...so, yes you have more than 16 available parameters to control via midi. his question was not “how many external controllers are available in axe fx?”
Ah, sorry... The OPs post is sightly different to the other thread where he posted a very similar question and I assumed it was the same.

You are correct.

Back
Top Bottom