How many prefer patches to scenes and vice versa...also why do you prefer?

Audio gaps are a deal breaker for me. So I switch Presets between songs, and Scenes during the songs.

A preset for each song, with the song name as the preset title. This allows me to use between 2 and 5 scenes, always set up (roughly) the same basic way.

1... Main rhythm tone.
2... Alternate rhythm tone (if any).
3... Alternate solo tone (if any).
4... Main solo tone (if any).
5... Special (if any).

A couple of (loaded) presets with 8 scenes and 'AI' switches to cover 50 songs is actually more confusing to me than a preset per song, with a few standard scenes??

My feelings exactly - have mine set up the same way. I know some people say its too difficult to have a different preset for every song - but I find it way easier personally.

...so it could happen that I need to tap 8 times to reach scene 8?
And I'd need to learn the 8 scenes for each preset.

Why would you need to tap 8 times to reach scene 8? Unless you have a MIDI controller with only up/down switches. I have my MFC set up in such a way that I can access 5 presets, all 8 scenes and two buttons for scene up/down. I tried using IA switches for individual effects, but I still ended up tapdancing way too many switches as I had to turn on and off way too many effects during songs. And the whole point for me in getting the Axe was to eliminate traditional pedal board tapdancing.

BTW: It was just an example about 3 IAs.
In reality I have 11 IA's now. That makes 2048 possible combinations.

Then I hope you have tap dancing shoes. Because it sounds you're doing it a lot.

...so it could happen that I need to tap 8 times to reach scene 8?
And I'd need to learn the 8 scenes for each preset.

BTW: It was just an example about 3 IAs.
In reality I have 11 IA's now. That makes 2048 possible combinations.
why would you have to tap something 8 times to get to a scene?

Then I hope you have tap dancing shoes. Because it sounds you're doing it a lot.

For different amps/ general purposes I use presets (like Clean, distorted, heavy, solo...)
Usually I want the IA's just to do one thing (like adding gain, adding volume, turn on wah, turn on phaser, turn on chorus and so on). So I have to tap just one time.

Patches for me.

My patches all have the same fx, and I build banks of 5 where the amp changes. That is gain/we adjustments as well as amp type changes.

I build them with a similar base tone, and have a different set for each type of base tone. Each amp has two gain levels as well

So each bank has 10 amp/gain levels with the same fx. Scenes don't let me do that.

Back
Top Bottom