How many power-on’s?

stm113

Power User
So how many times you reckon you can turn on your Axe Fx II? I bought mine at the end of 2011, I have to admit I’m getting a little paranoid every time I got that switch these days.
Thanks

I looked at mouser at a few random rocker switches and most show estimated lifespan of 10,000 cycles.

If a cycle is switch ‘on’ and then ‘off’, and you turned it on and off once per day, it should be fine for 27 years. Plus a switch like that is easy to replace so I really wouldn’t worry about it.

the electrolytic caps in the power supply and elsewhere in the unit will probably dry out in 20 to 30 years, that is a more in-depth job to fix, so the switch I wouldn’t worry about.

Thank you all for the information.

I think maybe there has been some neglect so I may be doing some date nights coming. But as far as role play, isn’t that what she’s made to do? Maybe we just need to explore some of her other roles, you know, bring the spice back?

For your own sanity you should stop being worried about the longevity itself and just enjoy it until you stop using it, you sell it or it dies and can't be repaired.

I've read about dying psus, displays, heck, mine was with the good people of G66 service guys and gals a few days ago and they replaced the USB port and USB chip and it's on its way to me.

The main advantage here, when you are dealing with Fractal Audio people is the beyond-any-words support, and yes, even 9 years after you bought your gear (mine has been with me since Nov. 2011). If you run into trouble, and if it's fixable they WILL fix it (or help you fix it).

So, trust me, I know how you feel, especially if it's the very center of your sound (and in my case, it is the last 9 years, no amps, no pedals, no nothing), but just enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom