How many of us are have trouble holding your pick or switching to fingers and then switching back to your pick? Check 2nd page for pictures and info.

klaushouz

Experienced
If any of you know or follow me, you know I look for guitar solutions by American companys that with less than 12 employees. I look for innovative products. I then work with the companies to give the forum members exclusive deals for VERY limited periods to get us up to 30 % off for a week or less. If you are a member that has issues with holding your pick because of medical or injury, or age issues, please post your issue here.. if there is a need, I may have a very cool solution for you.

Last edited:
Tried everything, the resins, the waxes, the little "dots", the hole punch, self adhesive sandpapers, the stabbing of the things with compass needles etc., before finally finding my own solution.

I use rug friction tape. I rub the soft, textured, porous rubber off one side of the pick to get to the felt, I can actually hold onto these, and there is not so-much friction to prevent me from adjusting grip, as one side will slip to a degree, while the other side grips.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Great-Tape-2-5-in-x-25-ft-No-Slip-Rug-Tape-Roll-14810/300278639

20191120_073611.jpg20191120_073605.jpg

The simplest method I’ve found is drilling holes.

97F1F394-1909-4B30-9933-ED114B9489AA.jpeg

Swapping to fingers and back to plectrum is more difficult. There are times when I find it between my lips. I haven’t choked yet, but it’s not a safe method.

Watch Joe Bonamassa - he tucks it in between his thumb and index finger. With a little practice I have become fairly good at it.

Not to take away from your semi-mysterious tease/promo ;)but I have had great luck with picks /holders by this company.......
http://www.strum-n-comfort.com/
what you got?
Glad they worked for you..I tried these and when I shreded they shreded too.. Plus I couldn't switch to finger picking .
Watch Joe Bonamassa - he tucks it in between his thumb and index finger. With a little practice I have become fairly good at it.
Before nerve damage I did that for 35 yrs.. won't work now... And if my hands are cold my right hand couldn't hold anything , until I found this solution, period.

Last edited:
I have been in touch with a inventor that has a innovative solution.. When I get the ok from them for a discount forum code, I will post it Friday after Thanksgiving 6PM. All I can say is now I am able to play a WHOLE set and play /fingerpick with one pick and NEVER drop it!

Last edited:
The simplest method I’ve found is drilling holes.

View attachment 60339

Swapping to fingers and back to plectrum is more difficult. There are times when I find it between my lips. I haven’t choked yet, but it’s not a safe method.
+1 on drilling holes. I used to always find the pick gets slippery at some point in a set. A big hole makes a big difference. I drill mine with one bigger hole, a lot lower down, say a little below the 1.2mm in the photo.

+1 on drilling holes. I used to always find the pick gets slippery at some point in a set. A big hole makes a big difference. I drill mine with one bigger hole, a lot lower down, say a little below the 1.2mm in the photo.
I can see making it less slippery would help a normal person drop their pick less... but issues with holding your pick because of medical or injury, or age... holes are useless.. and if you shred, well nothing to date, until now solves the problem like the solution I will propose.. You may forget your pick , BUT you will never ever drop another pick again... = Priceless.. at least to me.

Last edited:
All those who have been checking in... I have been in touch with the inventor and things are moving forward! Stay tuned here it comes!!

I recently caught myself playing keyboard with my plectrum still somewhere between my right hand fingers. Simple chords, but still. Weird!

I don't have a problem with dropping picks, mostly because I'm kind of a hybrid picker when playing electric guitar. On acoustic, I'm just fingerpicking.

I use the Chris Broderick Pick Clip. I learned about them a few years ago when he did a demo video for the Axe-Fx II. I just wish they came in brighter colors instead of just black. Once it's on my thumb, I never drop it but I have a tendency to put it down or drop it as I'm putting it on my thumb and because it's black, It's not easy to see.

http://chrisbroderick.com/blog/store/

Ya, I've tried every thumb pick and devise. But 30+ yrs of shifting the pick in my hand and now not being able to do that, OR even holding a pick for a entire song without dropping it... meant, my shredding days were over... until now!! This devise rocks. AND any flat pick(non textured) will fit it! You will be able to SWITCH between flat pick to fingerpick in less time than switching by hand and palming the pick! There will be 4 different model available.. It's gonna be.. >>>Buy one and get the NEW model FREE >>>>Fri at 6PM<<<I do the drop here.... be ready ...

Gravity and V-picks are great... But nerve damage made them useless to me ....UNTIL this new devise, which allows me to use them again..Stay tuned..

Back
Top Bottom