How many guitars do you own?

Nah, that's only an issue when you use that guitar regularly. Guitars that see less use, can hang on a wall without restringing indefinitely. I think I have one with strings from 2002? I'm not like The Edge where I want my guitars to be restrung regularly, or after every show. Not the least because I don't have my own Dallas Schoo as my own personal guitar butler.

Agreed, but every now and again I need/want to play the one less used and usually a re-string is needed. BTW, i keep a 'record' as to when a guitar was last re-strung....then I'm like' what, that long ago!!!!" :fearscream: :fearscream: :fearscream:

Three.
– The Yamaha acoustic since 1982 ; it's the only one I always kept because it's my first one and a gift from my grandmother.
– The Variax JTV89 for open tuning songs, and to pretend I have a Strat and a Les Paul.
– The Ibanez RG520 QS is my my main instrument.

I'm dreaming of owning a real high end guitar, something like a Tom Anderson, after playing one in Sam Ash in NY.
So, that was me in 2015. Almost 4 years later, ahem, I have one bass, two acoustics including a Taylor 914c, and... 12 electrics :

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-III
Fender Player Strat Floyd HSS (customized with EMG DG20 pickups)
Fender Telecaster Baja
Harley Benton CST-24T (customized with GraphTech piezo kit and Seymour Duncan pickups)
Ibanez J Custom RG8540ZD
Ibanez RG1070PBZ-CKB Charcoal Black Burst
Ibanez RGR 5220 TFG (signed by Andy Timmons, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Devin Townsend, Plini, Larry Mitchell)
Line 6 JTV 89 (James Tyler Variax)
Strandberg Original 7 Trem Red
Suhr Standard Pro S2 Trans Orange Swamp Ash MN
Tom Anderson Angel (custom made)
Music Man John Petrucci Majesty, Blue Honu

69388448_10156100465712245_7792040774912180224_o.jpg

61644446_10155936891952245_4054636980703592448_o.jpg

Sorry...old topic but will reply. I collect Washburn guitars and have about 2000 different models (acoustic and electric) dating from the late 1880's to 2019. Approximately 200 Washburns from the collection can be seen at Flickr.com. Look for Jim Smith Sr. or The Washburn Guitar Collection

Holy moly. How do you store 2,000 guitars?

My mains are :
-Jackson dinky EX with EMGs, tuned in drop D
-Music man JP12
-Music man JP7
-Harley benton telecaster DIY kit
20190824_140018.jpg

I currently think about getting some metal machine in drop B for slipknot fun etc...

Else I have a washburn lyon, a kent electro-acoustic, 1 adult and 1 child classical nylon...
I sold two music man JP6, a warlock bc rich plexiglass, a vline sword shaped and an ibanez bass...
So currently 8 plus 5 I sold
Over 38 years that's nothing :D

My wife has 1 cort bass, 1 fender mark hoppus bass, 1 fender steel acoustic, 1 cort strat & 1 ibanez LP
And obviously at first her drumkit :D

How many? .. well ....one more when I get this Yamaha RGX 612A put back together.. :0) ...I have this healthy obsession with buying old busted guitars and completely rebuilding them. Along the way I get attached to the things and, to this day, I have a hard time letting them go.

Having said that, I'll give guitars away to people who might really enjoy playing guitar but, for one reason or the other don't have one. But I won't sell them.

I have lots though. Enough to where the Wife suggested the other-day, that we need another bedroom to store all of them in. :0)

How many? .. well ....one more when I get this Yamaha RGX 612A put back together.. :0) ...I have this healthy obsession with buying old busted guitars and completely rebuilding them. Along the way I get attached to the things and, to this day, I have a hard time letting them go.

Having said that, I'll give guitars away to people who might really enjoy playing guitar but, for one reason or the other don't have one. But I won't sell them.

I have lots though. Enough to where the Wife suggested the other-day, that we need another bedroom to store all of them in. :0)

That is great. Good for you!

I think I'm hovering somewhere around 20 playable ones, but I've not added them up in a while. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 MIM Strats (with a variety of aftermarket pickups), 3 PRS SEs, 2 BC Rich Mockingbirds (including a very early one in koa and maple), a Michael Kelly Hybrid 55 (Tele style with humbuckers and a piezo bridge) a couple of Line 6 Variaxes, a couple of Ibanez acoustics, a Yamaha 12-string acoustic, and an Ovation double neck acoustic.

Holy moly. How do you store 2,000 guitars?
I have 11, so I think I am good.

I was at a location where a certain A list metal musician had his axe collection in storage. It was unbelievable. A whole storage room that was 20x30 with warehouse racks of cased guitars stacked ceiling to floor. It was a 20 foot ceiling too. All items numbered and inventoried.

Reactions: ESW
I have 11, so I think I am good.

I was at a location where a certain A list metal musician had his axe collection in storage. It was unbelievable. A whole storage room that was 20x30 with warehouse racks of cased guitars stacked ceiling to floor. It was a 20 foot ceiling too. All items numbered and inventoried.

Steve Vai by any chance?

Speaking of guitarists with way too many guitars and plenty of funds to acquire more, Matt Bellamy, who gets like a dozen or two new Manson guitars for every Muse tour it would seem, basically bought that guitar company. And now he can get even more of them. And pay himself for that privilege.

Steve Vai by any chance?

Speaking of guitarists with way too many guitars and plenty of funds to acquire more, Matt Bellamy, who gets like a dozen or two new Manson guitars for every Muse tour it would seem, basically bought that guitar company. And now he can get even more of them. And pay himself for that privilege.
No, not Steve. This guy is a way bigger name than Vai.

Reactions: ESW
I think 15. The number is constantly in flux, buy , sell, trade. At any given time, I have 5 out, and the rest in cases. My place right now is really small. Hoping to move to new digs soon.

The out lineup right now is:

2015 EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream)
2017 Gibson Les Paul HP (Blueberry Burst) *
2019 PRS Holcomb SE
2016 Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat (Olympic Pearl) *
1992 Ibanez RG550 (Desert Yellow)

* probably for sale - not playing

Back
Top Bottom