How many guitars do you own?

This flowchart will help! I've managed to argue my way to buying 6 guitars, thanks to this flowchart.

GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg
Great post, and I confirm the P90 section. I got 7..mostly "small brands"

- acoustic J200 Epiphone
- Fender jap strat 1985 set up with Seymour Duncan SHPR1 // 2 PU (great P90 and humbucker sounds)
- Peerless New Yorker (Jazzer, for sale)
- G&L ASAT maple strat. some deluxe version of their ASAT series with a maple neck.
- Fame Forum IV occasion, my main guitar
- Squier VM surf strat with lipstick PU's very fine guitar, rosewood (or ebony ?) finger board
- Squier VM 70's maple strat with Lollar's, exceptionnal

I thought I was excessive, but it seems not to be the case !
Cheers

I'll play... had to make the list before I could get a count. I guess the current count is 16 including a mandolin. 11 bought new, 5 used. In order of acquisition:

1971 Fender Telecaster
1988 Les Paul Standard Gold Top w. P90s - set up for slide in D
1991 Les Paul Classic
1992 L'Arrivee acoustic
2001 Danelectro Baritone
2001 Gibson Firebird - white, signed by Johnny Winter in 2010
mid-2000s Danelectro DC59 - set up for slide
2010 Forgery: Chinese Gibson 1275 Doubleneck (eBay purchase, got my money back and got to keep the guitar, w. is a piece of crap)
2010 Gibson EDS 1275 Doubleneck - red
2012 National Resophonic Style 'O'
2013 James Trussart Steeltopcaster, antique silver, engraved paisley, solid rosewood body neck and fretboard - set up for Slide in G
2012 James trussart Stell DeVille, rusty snakeskin engraved, holey front, Arcane hum buckers
2013 James Trussart Steel DeVille, rusty pinstripe, holey back, TV Jones filtertrons & bigsby
2014 Eastman F style Mandolin
2013 Fender Strat - Custom shop, closet classic 65
2015 Gibson Les Paul True Historic 1959 reissue, lemon burst, rewind creme brule pickups, MSSC CTS vitamin Q harness (Bought used for a steal!)

I've acquired two more since my post in December. I had promised myself I wouldn't get any others unless I sold one - so much for that! at least one of the two newer was a gift :)

Not enough... But I need more bases...

Dean from Hell (blue with lightnings),
Billie Ray acoustic,
Yamaha RBX JM2 bass,
Yamaha RBX 6JM bass,

Working on RBX 6JM fretless and MM Stingray 5...

I need to take a current inventory but I'm up to about 25 electrics, 3 acoustics, and 2 basses. Changing strings is a bitch! :D

Sorry...old topic but will reply. I collect Washburn guitars and have about 2000 different models (acoustic and electric) dating from the late 1880's to 2019. Approximately 200 Washburns from the collection can be seen at Flickr.com. Look for Jim Smith Sr. or The Washburn Guitar CollectionUSA made Washburn acoustics...Sept 2009 for Premier Guitar.jpgWashburn LS-103 composite.jpg

Four multiscale 7 strings tuned D-G-C-F-a-d-g: David Myka #160, Gregory Paul German DB7, Claas Moby Dick, Murray Kuun Ghia. Two in standard tuning: Eastman AC820CE-FF, Koll Tornado. One Emerald X20 in "GC tuning" C-G-D-a-e-g. Seven total, for now.

13 here, mostly Harley benton that I modified electronic, along with Lag, Epiphone, Hagstrom, ESP LTD, AGile, Ibanez.

17 right now, plus a bass and an old beaten acoustic lying sans strings in the basement, because acoustics are for hippies. No seriously, I just can't be arsed to fix it. And one of the electrics is a wall ornament as its a Chinese Manson clone with a useless neck, so its pretty much useless other then as an ornament. It used to be 18 but I manage to sell one this week. Trying to sell two more because I have to make room as I have 4 more guitars under various stages of construction.

no many really...but the time comes when you have to re-sting them! :fearscream:

Nah, that's only an issue when you use that guitar regularly. Guitars that see less use, can hang on a wall without restringing indefinitely. I think I have one with strings from 2002? I'm not like The Edge where I want my guitars to be restrung regularly, or after every show. Not the least because I don't have my own Dallas Schoo as my own personal guitar butler.

Back
Top Bottom