Squier Tele

2 Alvarez Acoustic/Electrics

Lakland 55-02
Lakland 44-01 Fretless
Lakland Decade
MTD KZ5
Fender Precision

And a drum set

I have exactly the right number of guitars. For me.

Which is 3 electrics, 1 acoustic and 1 bass. Strat (warmoth), PRS CE22, LP Studio, Maton EM325 and a Warwick Thumb 5. Covers a huge amount of sonic territory. If I get guitar GAS it's only to upgrade say the PRS to a P22 or the Strat to a P90 setup. Not to add to the herd.

The Bass and Acoustic I'll probably pass on to my kids in my will.

I have eleven.
Out of those eleven only six have anything less than 7 strings and 27" of fret boards.
All of them tuned differently from F# to standard E. All of them with different pickups configs except for a nazgual and sentient duplicate combo which live on an agile 8 string and my ibanez 7 string.

I have exactly the right number of guitars. For me.

Which is 3 electrics, 1 acoustic and 1 bass. Strat (warmoth), PRS CE22, LP Studio, Maton EM325 and a Warwick Thumb 5. Covers a huge amount of sonic territory. If I get guitar GAS it's only to upgrade say the PRS to a P22 or the Strat to a P90 setup. Not to add to the herd.

The Bass and Acoustic I'll probably pass on to my kids in my will.
That's more or less my way of thinking. I don't collect, I use, so if I need something different I chew on that thought for a long while and then trade one and acquire the next.
I currently play a Hagstrom Viking, which is an awesome all-round humbucker semi-hollow guitar with an excellent range of sounds that cover from jazz to rock without a sweat.
My other current guitar is a Parker P-38 with Bare Knuckle's Irish Tours and a Black Dog for the bridge. Beautiful deep single coil sounds with a touch of growl in the bridge. It's also a fantastic all-rounder with the added bonus of the acoustic piezo. Super versatile.
I also have a Camps solid-body half-width spanish (classic) guitar with Fishman electronics and I play a Cort Artisan B-5 bass with a country rock band I rehearse with.

I was about to buy a 50th anniversary Fender Jazz Bass V, but the change of gear got in between, and the AX8 ate it. I got it for a good friend though :)

I have around 30 guitars, basses, electrics and acoustics. I have 6 and 7 string electric and acoustic guitars and 4 and 5 string electric basses. I really need to sell most of my 7 string guitars because I never use them. I bought most of my 7 string guitars 10 years ago before I found out I have Celiac Deisease (Yup no Gluten for me!) because I really thought I was dying and was down to almost 90lbs.

I have to admit, I have a weakness for good deals and I'm just too good at finding them. I buy guitars like women buy shoes. I have some models in every color they make.

To be honest, I think being addicted to buying gear is probably one of the better addictions to have because you can always sell your gear and get back some of the money you lost on bad decisions :rolleyes: I know many couples that argue about their significant other buying music gear but they don't understand that most people don't buy things that have a decent resale value like music gear does, examples: TV's, Cell Phones, Tablets, Computers, Software, Music, Clothes, Shoes, Knickknacks... Also, if you keep your music gear long enough, sometimes it sells for more than you bought it for. :D

3 electrics: les Paul, strat and a Suhr modern
1 acoustic: ibanez art core.

I'm a full-time musician. These 4 guitars cover everything I need in my day to day. I borrow anything else if necessary.

1 ea. handmade Marler Classical, Acoustic, Strat, 5 electrics, 2 basses, 1 dobro, Mullen 10 string Steel guitar.

15 right now but I would like to move about 10 of them to get three custom builds on my mind. I've had so many over the years, buying, selling trading etc... Had over 50 at one point and someone mentioned, the upkeep on too many guitars is expensive and time consuming. Even in temperature control and kept in cases those strings die. For me a number between 5-10 is ideal, alas though I am a gear whore so it always goes over.

A blackmachine copy, thinline tele, an ltd, no name strat that's currently disassembled, acoustic, j bass, not as many as some of you but looking back I don't even remember how I got to this point...

I'm not a collector either, I'd feel bad if there weren't fresh fingerprints on literally every guitar every week.

In order of newest to oldest:

Mcinturff Carolina Custom in Korina (no NGD post on this because I didn't put it down long enough)
Warmoth Mooncaster with a MIA strat neck
Suhr Korina Flame (I think it's essentially a modern, just a special edition)
Collings I-35LC
Shecter Km7
Gibson LP Standard
Agile 7-String
Edwards es style clone, full hollow ebony board (dying to know what the gibson model number would be)
Epiphone SG
Ibanez S Prestige (my first REAL guitar, it's been good to me)

for acoustics:
Collings Winfield
Taylor nylon string
one of the cheaper american Martins

Basses
G&L 2500
Kala Ubass (too much fun)
Ibanez Variax bass
Ibanez $200 special for live drop tuned stuff

I'll have to make a list! I used to work in a guitar store and couldn't help myself. I no longer work in a guitar store and I still can't help myself.

PRS Hollowbody 1 w/ piezo
PRS Hollowbody 1 w/o piezo (got this one to mod the electronics)
PRS Singlecut Hollwbody 1
PRS McCarty Hollowbody
PRS Angelus (USA)
PRS McCarty Narrowfield
PRS NF3
PRS Singlecut
Vigier Surfreter Special
Martin OM-21
Suhr Carve top
G&L Legacy Special
Crossley P Series
Crossley G Series
Epiphone LP Custom
Chapman Stick
Cole Clark Fat Lady 2
Box SRB-640
G&L Fretless L2000
Ibanez Prestige BTB

Although the best ones are undoubtedly the piezo hollowbody 1, the Vigier and the Angelus :)

Acoustic

Martin Type O Ukulele (195?)
Taylor 810 (1993)
Taylor 814ce (2015)
Taylor Baby Mahogony (2006)
Taylor GS Mini (2011)
Taylor Nylon (Jason Mraz sig) (2010)

Electric
Carvin DC127 (2003)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (2007)
Fender American Deluxe Strat 50th Anniversary (2004)
Fender Jaguar (Johnny Marr sig) (2012)
Fender Telecaster Custom Shop (2015)
Parker Custom DF825 (2013)
Taylor T3/B (2009)
Variax JTV-59 (2012)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom