How many external pedals/switches max with Axe-Fx 3 and FC-12?

DLW

Inspired
Please move thread if needs to go under another section. Was not sure if best in general or pedals/controllers ect.

From what I can see AFX3 has 2 expression pedal/external switch jacks.
The FC-12 has 4.

So....when you use a FC-12 does it cancel out the other 2 on the AFX3 or can you have up to 6?

If you can have up to six(not sure I want to buy 6 expression pedals, lol) can it be 6 expression pedals? Or would it be 4 on the FC-12 and 2 switches on the AFX3?

Thank you!

They can all be used... And you get more with additional FC pedals.

The pedal jacks can be used for switches, too.

Reactions: DLW
Perfect. Just did not know if adding the FC-12 with 4 jacks replaced/overided the 2 on the AXE3 when you use it. Thank you! Now I just need Santa to cram 6 EV-1's in my stocking. lol

Honestly I am not sure yet. Lol. Just got the AFX3 and just bought/ordered a used FC-12 today.

I have been looking thru some posts and seen some photos the other day. I think I saw or read about your set up if it was the one with some Nektar expression pedals. Maybe not. The one with four pedals if I remember correctly was volume, wah, delay speed or something and the last one like a bonus pedal for the flavor of the day/gig. That set up is what made me curious.

Also wondered as I saw people using basic double switch pedals for AFX3 and FCM like the Mosky Dual switch.

So was wondering if there was capability to do 2+4 with AFX3 and FC-12 or just 4.

Got the answer here today which is cool. All 6. Considering maxing out options as it can be done for pretty low cost if I go cheap and space is not an issue.

Thank you!

I've got 4 Mission EP-1 pedals: 2 are standard and 2 are spring-loaded.

I use the spring-loaded pedals for Wah and Whammy. I primarily use one standard pedal to engage Rotary and control speed. The other is primarily used to increase Mix and Feedback on Delay.

Anyway, many choices - good luck!

Also take note each switch on FC can do two things. You can assign one thing for tap and another for hold.

For example: tap could be to bring up scene 3, and hold to bring up scene 7.

Thats great. So many possibilities!

I just this evening made my Up and Down switches have one preset change in tap, five on hold.

So if I’m on preset 8, I can tap to go to 7 or 9, hold to go to 3 or 13.

Then I made the hold on my tuner switch be +10 for quicker flipping since it was unassigned.

Back
Top Bottom