Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 31 27.7%

Votes: 47 42.0%

Votes: 19 17.0%

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • > 4

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Thank you all for your ideas! For now, I still plan on buying two more when they become available. I'm not a gigging musician so I don't have to worry about downsizing.

I currently use one for overall output volume and another (depending on the patch) for wah, whammy, fading-in another effect, etc.
I am considering forgetting the overall output volume and doing a new set of patches specific to a guitar and amp combination. Instead of controlling output, I would assign it to the input trim knob and set the heel down to be a clean-ish sound, and toe down to be maximum gain. I usually use the volume knob, but I don't feel like I keep the muscle memory between guitar and amp combinations.

I'm about to order an FC6 or FC12. I'm at the decision stage right now of how simple or elaborate i want my setup to be. I'm a basement warrior. Existing rig was the MFC-101 and 3 foot controllers. 1-spring loaded for wah which i'll continue to do and 2 mission expressions that i'd use for pitch blocks/delays. I really find I only use 2 expressions at most so may simplfiy and utilize scenes more.

I use three:

1. Volume always.
2. Wildcard...anything from wah to delay feedback, rotary speed, drive, or sequencer/looper volume. I only use a wah on one song in our setlist.
3. Null filter with 0 to 4 dB boost for times I need to nudge up my volume a bit for solos. Can also be a second wildcard pedal if needed instead.

Saddens me to think of all the time invested by Cliff designing hardware and a system of modifiers that can be controlled by an expression pedal to adjust infinite things on the fly with your foot just to be used for volume and wha. This was one of the most exciting things about Axe FX that blew my mind and opened infinite possibilities of control only accomplished in a studio in post production in the past. Wouldn’t it be cool if you could……. Wait Yes You Can! It’s truly amazing the endless possibilities it presents you. 3 for me but I could use another if anyone wants to gift me another EV-2.

Saddens me to think of all the time invested by Cliff designing hardware and a system of modifiers that can be controlled by an expression pedal to adjust infinite things on the fly with your foot just to be used for volume and wha. This was one of the most exciting things about Axe FX that blew my mind and opened infinite possibilities of control only accomplished in a studio in post production in the past. Wouldn’t it be cool if you could……. Wait Yes You Can! It’s truly amazing the endless possibilities it presents you. 3 for me but I could use another if anyone wants to gift me another EV-2.
This. This, right here ^^^^. ALL DAY LONG!

I remember getting a handful of things that you could tweak in the old Quadraverb2. I don't remember being able to tweak them simultaneously with the same controller, either, but that was enough to hook me in, and show me that controllers (be they pedals or stomp switches) are the bee's knees.
The things you can do with them in the AxeFXIII are simply incredible.

I have a few presets that are coming close to using all 32 modifier slots.... :D

I use a single Mission Aero. Normal use is for controlling a volume block before the amp. When I click the toe switch, it switches to control the wah.

I use 2, both plugged into the axe iii. However, I use 3 expression pedal effects: Wah, whammy and volume in all presets. To do this, i have pedal 1 assigned to volume permanently, and pedal 2 assigned to both a whammy function (on the pitch block) and the wah function (wah block). These last two are set in parallel, and then I have them merge in the signal path via a mixer. This mixer selects the source ( whammy or wah) via another external footswitch. That way, with the footswitch i decide what the expression pedal 2 does

This. This, right here ^^^^. ALL DAY LONG!

I remember getting a handful of things that you could tweak in the old Quadraverb2. I don't remember being able to tweak them simultaneously with the same controller, either, but that was enough to hook me in, and show me that controllers (be they pedals or stomp switches) are the bee's knees.
The things you can do with them in the AxeFXIII are simply incredible.

I have a few presets that are coming close to using all 32 modifier slots.... :D
Back in the day I had one of the first ART SGX-2000 units and the matching X-15 controller.

That was my first foray into midi though I didn't really even know it because the units just worked together.

I think it supported up to 14 controllers simultaneously...

I hated the preset change audio gap so I created presets to "morph" from rhythm to lead with an expression pedal.

I've been a big fan of modifiers ever since!

I run 2. I is usually my wah or drop and the other is usually either morphing from clean to dirty or delay. On a few patches they do different things like the horns for the intro to running with the devil or other specialty stuff.

I have two.. I use none.. I haven't figured how to set them up... why is this such bugger? Had them for years
You're missing out!
Do you have stereo 1/4" cables?
Do you want to plug them into an FC or into the back of the unit?
Have you assigned modifiers to knobs before?

I use 3:

1. Volume / tuner on heel down
2. Usually wah, but I do use it for other things on occasion
3. The wild card. I have used it for reverb hold, rotary speed / auto engage, and various other effects.

Back
Top Bottom