How many expression pedals are you using?

Surprised how many people mentioned rotary in this thread. If you're in cover bands, what songs are you using rotary for? Can't think of anything I would ever use it on.

Surprised how many people mentioned rotary in this thread. If you're in cover bands, what songs are you using rotary for? Can't think of anything I would ever use it on.
I'm not... Originals only. And I'm very new to using the Rotary effect (less than 2 years) but I'm sort of addicted... I have to resist trying to use it:)

Got a clip?
Nothing recorded with Rotary yet... I'm sure I will in the future.

Currently, I tend to bring it in as an "enhancer" in certain parts of certain songs... Especially on clean parts.

In one tune, I leave it on during a very bluesy rock solo, where the additional drive from that rotary and the pulsing adds a really cool vibe.

4 one a mission spring loaded for wah,2 volume,3 delay volume,4 special fx,whammy,rotery ect, 2 momentary switches one for flange,1 for studder

I bought 4 Boss expression pedals, 2x FV-500H 2x FV-500L, settled for using two pedals due to lack of floor space,
Volume & Wah

I use 4. 1 mission for a dedicated wah, 2 is an EV1 for delay %/mix, 3 is another EV1 for modulation like speed of tremolo, rotary, wammy/pitch control, reverb mix. 4 is for volume at the end of the entire effect chain. The Axe rotary is a great effect and i look for excuses to use it all the time!

2 for me

#1 Full-time volume for self-mixing to sit in the mix with changing band levels

#2 Mostly Wah, but sometimes tremolo depth

I won't rule out a 3rd pedal for wildcard stuff in the future- where I want Wah and another modulator in the same scene.

I bought 4 Boss expression pedals, 2x FV-500H 2x FV-500L, settled for using two pedals due to lack of floor space,
Volume & Wah
Hi! I've recently gotten a Boss FV-500L with Vertex mod. I have no idea how to set it up with my Axe Fx II and MFC 101. I noticed your post history saying you owned the same pedal. Would you mind sharing how you set it up?

FYI - I have boss fv500 pedals, however since fractal came out with their EV series I've picked up two of those. Side-by-side there's no comparison - the fractal products excel functionally. Super smooth, very precise. If anyone ever has the option to make a decision between the two, it's a no-brainer; go fractal.

Unfortunately my board is a mix of two boss and two fractal. I wish it was all FAS. Live and learn.

Four Boss FV-500 pedals
1: Morphing
2: Misc fx [delay in some presets, chorus in others]
3: Wah in most presets, phaser in a few others
4: Input Level

3 Mission pedals.
1> spring loaded for wah
2> for mixing input level for pitch type blocks
3> for mixing in level of delays mostly and other misc

I installed 4 (Mission) pedals when I built the pedalboard, along with 4 discrete switches (Boss), since that's how much I/O is on the MFC. I wanted it all out, whether I used it or not. Figured it would be easier to build it out once rather than try to modify the 'board for expansion later. The controller pedals got assigned as volume, wah, pitch, and rate. Switches got assigned to scenes 1-4, leaving all the IA switches on the MFC available for individual functions.

Three here.
  1. 'Always 'Volume' (post Amp, pre Delays and Reverbs)
  2. Wha, Delay, Morphing,
  3. Acoustic/Organ sim volume and all Pitch related stuff

Hey Moke

A little of topic but, -

what do u use the EV for in relation to pitch? (octave slide or)

I wanted to ask you how (i have bought some of your presets involving custom scales) you control the learn function when using custom scales? Have you seen this feature work at all other than here and there? How to shift the key on the fly when performing. I have given input to Fractal now for a year and hopefully it's a fix in the Q9 but how have you done changing keys or do you have one preset for one song or ???????

One. Default set to Wah

Depending on the preset, it will auto-change to Volume (Block Multi) or Speed (Block Rot/Tre) if that block is selected on my Midicontroller .

Hey Moke

A little of topic but, -

what do u use the EV for in relation to pitch? (octave slide or)

I wanted to ask you how (i have bought some of your presets involving custom scales) you control the learn function when using custom scales? Have you seen this feature work at all other than here and there? How to shift the key on the fly when performing. I have given input to Fractal now for a year and hopefully it's a fix in the Q9 but how have you done changing keys or do you have one preset for one song or ???????
It's usually controlling the pitch block volume, so that I can blend the harmonies in and out as needed. I do use a preset-per-song approach, so any scales or key changes are saved with the preset. With so many preset slots available, It seemed like the obvious solution....more work at home, but less work at the gig...

Input level ?

MIDI CC# 10

so instead of having: guitar -> Vol pedal -> Axe
I have: Guitar -> Axe / XP [CC 10] -> MFC

it means I only have my ethernet cable going back to the backline across the stage
and it's a 30' cable so I have it way off to the side, and so there is nothing to trip over in the area between my control surfaces and my backline..

Back
Top Bottom