How many expression pedals are you using?

How many expression pedals are you using?

• Total voters
I have 4 expression pedals (volume/filter/rate/pitch) and 4 external switches (scenes) on my board, but I don't use them all. I just didn't want to be caught wanting at some point. Better to have the pedals and not need them to need them and not have them. Plus, I only had to build the board once. Makes for a slightly larger board than I need, but the space/weight savings for a lesser configuration wouldn't be that dramatic.

Wait...is there an acoustic sim block or are you using an EQ block to simulate acoustic tones? :eek:
I should have wrote 'My Acoustic-ish sim volume'.....lol
I use a Filter block, Cab block with my IR (or a Tone Match block if I'm already using both Cab blocks), Comp block, GEQ block, and Pitch (Detune) block (If enough CPU) In it's own parallel signal chain to blend with my electric signal chain when needed, using scenes usually but I like to have a separate volume control for that chain.

I should have wrote 'My Acoustic-ish sim volume'.....lol
I use a Filter block, Cab block with my IR (or a Tone Match block if I'm already using both Cab blocks), Comp block, GEQ block, and Pitch (Detune) block (If enough CPU) In it's own parallel signal chain to blend with my electric signal chain when needed, using scenes usually but I like to have a separate volume control for that chain.

Ahhh. I've only had my AxeFx for about a month and a half now. There's so much in there that I was afraid there was a block I had overlooked or something.

I use 2, haven't gotten serious enough to rethink it yet. Here is how I would probably use 4:

1. Dedicated Wah
2. Dedicated Output Volume for self-mixing in band
3. Lead/gain pedal to dial in cleanliness/growliness
4. Time-based effects (play with depth and duration)

I tried a pedal dedicated to Out volume for a while, and found the use of it in practice was harder than it seemed it would be. Fine for nice volume swells, but hard to fine-tune levels for a group mix. Mostly I use Wah and gain as the main pedal effects, and sometimes make the Wah a tremolo depth instead.

I use four pedals.
The first one is a volume purely. It goes between my guitar and my axefx. I found that having an expression pedal control a volume block or a volume parameter is just too laggy for me, so I just keep that one simple.
The other 3 pedals are used as expressions! Wah, whammy, and multi delay mix (keyboard sounds, mix swells, etc...)
image.jpeg

I plan on setting mine up with four. One for master volume only, the 2nd for wah only, the 3rd for whammy only, and the 4th for modulation and time effects. Joe

Just one and that works out fine. Assigned per preset.
My RJM controller also lets me re-assign the pedal within the same preset.

I used to use 2 : Wah & Solo

But because I re-arranged my gear , now I can walk with my guitar on my back , MFC101 + EV1 + AXE FX + cables ALL in 1 Peli 1610 Trolley case , and 1 small light softcase with all my IEM & Wireless stuff :D
Peli case is ready even for Airplanes :):):):):)

Do you have a picture of how your stuff is arranged inside that case? Like to see that.

I am actually only using one pedal, but voted two because it's a Mission SP-2... more two pedals in one housing with two cables to Ext 1 and Ext 2. Most nights I only use it as a single pedal, but do have some presets that have two pedal controlled parameters, and use the switched side for the second one.

Thanks for all the replies.

Although I have 2 expression pedals I'm considering only using one for now because wah is the only thing I know for sure I will use and even then not that much.

Back
Top Bottom