How many expression pedals and how youre using them?

3 at this time..
  1. Volume - Volume block(s) placed before any Delays or Reverbs
  2. Wah, Whammy, Delay levels, misc effect controls - On a per-preset basis
  3. Second path Volume on dual tone presets, harmony levels - On a per-preset basis
Probably cutting it down to 2 pedals one of these days. The Gen 3 units are way more flexible.

I use two on my "big rig": (1) Reverb / Delay Mix and (2) Wah / Whammy / Rotary Speed

On my fly rig, I just use one that mostly fills in for pedal #2 above.
I never use a volume pedal anymore. I level all of my patches, and make fine tuning during tech rehearsals. I do have buttons on my controller for the +/- 3 dB and save functions, but I almost never use them. Once I've set my volumes and run a few shows, I don't even want the temptation to turn up :)

I use a pair of Fractal's EV-2 expression pedals, one for volume and the other for Wah and sometimes panning, time, speed, pitch, etc.
My Wah is setup like a CryBaby "Toe Down" is off.

3 pedals.
1. gain or gain trim
2. reverb mix
3. various - sometimes chorus mix, sometimes wah, sometimes pitch

I run three. One is always volume, and the other two vary by patch. Generally though, the second controls the wet effects volume, and the third is tied to gain, so as you sweep forward, you increase gain, but it knocks off about 2 dB as well, so it's like a self leveling gain control. I've gotten a lot of milage out of this setup.

8: Wah, Gain, Volume, Delay, Whammy, Feedback (From Freqout Pedal in a loop), Modulation Rate, Drone Volume/On-Off

2, one spring loaded.
Depending on the preset...
various delay parameters/ wah
Whammy/ wah
Delazer/ amp switching
Pitch/ basically a diy scene change engaging multiple blocks and what not. Rock the pedal forward am darker, quieter, have flange and vibe and a hint of ambiance going, rock the heel back and am running full bore and dry as a bone. Lots of fun.

1. EV2 for wah
2. Dunlop Volume (x) Mini for volume... but likely pairing down to just the EV2 with a switching block for vol on some presets and wah on others

I usually use one and tailor its function to the preset/song.

I'm a sucker for a pedal that controls the feed to time based effects, eg. crystals.

Back
Top Bottom