How many expression assigns per preset?

jakbur

Experienced
I seem to have problems when I have too many assigns(3 expression pedals with one controlling multiple parameters) which sometimes knocks one of them out but is unrelated to CPU use! Does anyone know the max assign for stable use?
Thanks

Weird?.......Axe-Fx l l- 'Mark 1' here too.........This preset is using 10 and no issues?
Modifiers 2.png

Theoretically but, my Axe can't handle anywhere near that many. I seem to be ok with 4-5 but any more and one will drop out when I am playing live. (running Axe FX II original)
What you assign the modifiers to will greatly affect the way things work. Some parameters require far more computational power when you alter them to recompute the transfer functions.

Thanks Moke (iaresee)
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words
a question that I had never done
I've used it a lot on 'XL and did not understand the limit :)
now I know :D

What you assign the modifiers to will greatly affect the way things work. Some parameters require far more computational power when you alter them to recompute the transfer functions.
Hey Ian, Is there any other way to know when you have reached this limit? does this limit show up as excessive CPU in the CPU% indicator?

Hey Ian, Is there any other way to know when you have reached this limit? does this limit show up as excessive CPU in the CPU% indicator?
Afaik: no. It's not easily understood by the CPU meter because the CPU load is only incurred when you alter the parameter. Trial and error is really the only way to do it. Attach a modifier to a parameter and then change it while watching the CPU meter on the hardware (Axe-Edit's CPU meter isn't fast enough to view the load spikes).

Thanks! That must be what's happening!

It would be nice to know which commonly used parameters (expression controlled) use the most CPU? I assume the Volume Block doesn't use much but what about Master Amp Volume or Gain Volume?

Hi jakbur,

Can you post a screenshot of the modifiers page or even the preset this is happening on so I can test it? I've never had a problem assigning lots of modifiers and most of my presets for EDM use more that 5 modifiers.

Back
Top Bottom