How many ditched their "real" wah for the Axe Fx's?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Just curious.....why, what did you have, and any that decided to keep their "real" wah? Thanks!

Stopped using my Zakk Wylde Crybaby (but I've still got it).....and I was very fond of that thing.

Owned Crybaby, Teese, Fulltone and others.
Axe-Fx wah is great, once you find the settings that are right for you.
For me the Budda settings work great.

I still own an old Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1, that I haven't used in years.
For me, the wah block leaves nothing to be desired. Everything can be dialed in, even auto on/off, slope.
Only one exp. pedal in front of me is another plus point.

I had Fulltone's Clyde (serial #47) and it was the finest wah I'd ever heard/used/owned.

Did a A/B with the Axe-FX, nailed it. Sold it. Never a second thought about it.

I've got a bad horsie but I use the axeFx now. LOL I can't seem to bring myself to sell off old gear. It must be a syndrome of some kind. I have a room full of old stuff - outboard rack gear, Boss pedals, JCM 800 and cab, GT6, GT10, various guitars. Never use any of it now. Maybe my son will appreciate in years to come when some of it might become "vintage" haha :lol:

:D What are the settings for duplicating the Fulltone wah? I used to have a choralflange I loved, but gave it to my brother as the axe-fx has it all. :idea: :ugeek:

Shreddy Better said:
:D What are the settings for duplicating the Fulltone wah? I used to have a choralflange I loved, but gave it to my brother as the axe-fx has it all. :idea: :ugeek:

The original ones I did are in the Wiki.

OH yeah I loved wah pedals I have a pile of them, every once in a while I plug one in and decide all over again that I like the AXE fx Wah better.
Sometimes I use two wahs in parrallel and start the frequencies in different spots to make it even thicker, you can find any sound with the axe why bother??

/Wah\
guitar>--< >amp-cab----------Output
\wah/

Wah pedals I dont use anymore Vox (x2), Bad Horsie, Cry baby

Ditched the Bad Horsie and never looked back.
In fact, I've never been happier with any fx than those in the Axe-fx.

I too still have my Bad Horsie II but use the axefx wah with expression pedal live. One less thing to carry. I've sold a bunch of stuff since getting the Axefx, but the horsie will likely stay just because I like it so much. But the axe wah easily substitutes it in a live setting.

Do you all use a Mission exp pedal with a toe/click wah button or the exp pedal that doesn't have a toe button and use the auto engage function?

Yamaha FC7 here with auto-engage.
If I'd need a toe switch, I could program a virtual one on my Gordius Little Giant.

Tremonti said:
Do you all use a Mission exp pedal with a toe/click wah button or the exp pedal that doesn't have a toe button and use the auto engage function?

Auto engage for me, using EP-1 spring loaded btw.

Been through many a wah pedal and never was satisfied with any until I got the ZVex Wah Probe. Unconventional in it's methodology but once you got used to the sensor plate vice having a typical wah treadle, it was the best wah for me........

I know longer have it, the Axe wah is the shizznit.

Back
Top Bottom