How many care if the Theaters close permently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope!!! And I hope this ends up being the death blow that financially ruins every one of those elite a-holes!! If even ONE of them practiced what they preached to us... the guy holding the boom mic would make just as much as the self-absorbed narcissist in front of the camera...
plus... i hate crowds!! ;)

Are you talking about actors? How are they any more narcissistic than, say, guitarists who want to play on stage in front of people? Why are they elite? Do they make or enforce laws or have any control whatsoever over the lives of others? Which of them advocates for equal pay for sound guys and actors?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I actually set the Plex server that runs all of our films to play a randomly selected big chain theater intro pre-roll file and an upcoming trailer before the movie every time you hit play on one 😅
The wife rolls her eyes every time, but I love it!
PLEX is the best free app for sure!

No disagreement that you can have a better overall experience at a home. I've been to several places with friends that have elaborate setups that make or enhance the experience with improved sound, a more comfortable environment, and undoubtably more comfortable chairs!

But there is an 'comfort food' thing that I have with going to a theater, buying heart attack popcorn and an over-syruped soda, picking a decent seat without gum or a sticky floor, enduring the ads that now play, 18 minutes of previews (sort of like a warm up band), and finally, the feature.

It's still magic to me.

R

I could never build one of those home theaters. It seems such a waste of my time to sit in front of a TV and just watch. I'm always watching TV or youtube with my ears whilst doing something else. Playing a game, working on guitars, soldering stuff.

Nope!!! And I hope this ends up being the death blow that financially ruins every one of those elite a-holes!! If even ONE of them practiced what they preached to us... the guy holding the boom mic would make just as much as the self-absorbed narcissist in front of the camera...
plus... i hate crowds!! ;)

In that case you'll love Ricky Gervais speech at the Golden Globes.

Are you talking about actors? How are they any more narcissistic than, say, guitarists who want to play on stage in front of people? Why are the elite? Do they make or enforce laws or have any control whatsoever over the lives of others? Which of them advocates for equal pay for sound guys and actors?

Well, in the case of musicians, Bono is just as narcissistic and holier then thou as Hollywood. And they are the elite. They pretend for a living, have no clue as to how ordinary people live, but have the gall to tell us that they are better then us (watch the I take responsability vid) and that we have to change our lives because they know better. Its as Ricky Gervais said at the Golden Globes, most of you have had less education then Greta Thunburg, you work for companies that have sweatshops in China, if ISIS opened up a streaming service you'd be calling your agents, you've never worked an honest day work in your life and you have the gall to tell ordinary people how to live. Come on stage to accept your reward, thank your agent and your god and f*** off! They're all virtue signaling self righteous pompous gits, and if they aren't they are faking it in order not to get cancelled.

They are actors. They pretend for a living. Throughout history actors have always been considered the lowest of the low. Only in this era do we place them on a pedestal and hang on to their every word like its Einstein or Steven Hawking telling us the secrets of the universe. They know nothing, just like all of us, but act like they know everything. And they use their platform to push through their political agenda. And that is why guitarded hates them ( I think? Did I get it right?) And why I despise today's Hollywood. And it used to be that you knew they were commies off camera, but you could at least enjoy their work on camera. Not any more. Star Trek? Ruined. Star Wars? On the brink of death. Doctor Who? A walking corpse. Terminator? Needs time travel to revive. And those are just things I (used to) care about. And yes, music has them too. Celebrity narcism takes the form of the society its in though. It used to be I'm awesome, so look at me! Now its I'm awesome, look at all these causes I agree with.

They know nothing, just like all of us, but act like they know everything. And they use their platform to push through their political agenda.

Lucky we have you to tell us how things really are ;)

Star Wars on the brink of death?
https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Star-Wars#tab=summary
Doctor Who a walking corpse?
https://guide.doctorwhonews.net/info.php

If you think shows such as Star Trek and Star Wars weren't progressive from the outset, I don't think you really understood them.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder that Ricky Gervais, deliverer of your favorite"anti-elite" speech, is, too, an actor, with an estimated net worth of $130 million

That’s all very nice, and (in a certain way) I agree with you.

What does that have to do with writing enjoyable entertainment?

Y’all can’t seem to talk about non-guitar stuff without getting into politics, eh? Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom