How many care if the Theaters close permently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care at all really. Overpriced, line ups, annoying people....nah

My home theater is comfortable and the experience is pretty much as good as your average theater anyways.

The only theaters I go to anymore are the Alamo Drafthouse Theaters. You reserve your seats in advance and can get a good meal and adult beverages. They also have a strict no phones and no talking policy during the movie. They do fun throwback films as well. Very different experience from your typical packed in like sardines and $14 terrible popcorn theaters. I would miss the Drafthouse for sure. It's the best kind of dinner and a movie.

What about the Drive In.
Going to be a big Garth Brooks concert... shown at the Drive In.
Maybe a movie at the drive in instead of the theater. I think theres almost 400 Drive In's in the US

hardly. there's Marvel and not much else. DC can't get it right. Overall maybe, MAYBE 3-5 superhero movies a year, drop in the bucket to how many are released
But how many do you hear about in the media? Not many until awards season.

It's a real problem for me. The only way I can get myself to do cardio is if I watch a movie or a good TV show while I'm on my stationary bike. And by now I've watched all of them, some more than once.

I agree with many that movie theaters are more a family thing-bring the kids. I definitely would NEVER miss the filthy movie theaters but I do see the "family" aspect.
I agree with Cliff, pause it when I want at home-exactly!

Love going to the movies, would miss immensely,+ kids need to have jobs that build solid communication and working ethics i.e. get to work on time balance work and school etc.

I enjoy a large imax screen and sound experience for a movie like bladerunner 2049, but this a rare event in the era of marvel remakes. I think it's a lot like pop music these days, just a lot of garbage with no interesting content. Maybe if hollywood starts making more compelling films they can save the movie theater business.

I think a lot of us may have left the main demographic that is desired by movie theaters. They used to make for a good date night but these days I'm probably a candidate for their early bird show time -- the one where they turn the volume up a little louder.

If anything us older folk should be a very desirable demographic, because we have disposable income, other family members to bring along, we buy snacks and if we like a franchise we tend to be very loyal, even go multiple times. Unless by us you mean past the retirement age.

The only way I'd prefer a theater to home is if I were the only person in the theater. Some enjoy the communal experience. I detest the talking, wrapper crackling, chewing, lip smacking, coughing, sneezing, restlessness, cell phone glow, crying, and overwhelming perfume/cologne smell of the people around me. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie in a theater without distraction. Probably Herbie the Love Bug in 1968.

Last edited:
The only way I'd prefer a theater to home is if I were the only person in the theater. Some enjoy the communal experience. I detest the talking, wrapper crackling, chewing, lip smacking, coughing, sneezing, restlessness, cell phone glow, crying, and overwhelming perfume/cologne smell of the people around me. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie in a theater without distraction. Probably Herbie the Love Bug in 1968.

Exactly, Thank You, Thank You!/......It always felt to me like inviting a truckload of people you DO NOT KNOW into your living room to watch a movie............

The last movie I saw in a theater was The Exorcist when it Premiered in NYC. Waited 3 hours to get tickets. Then waited another 4 hours to get in. I was with friends, bunch of stoned guys and gals.
We finally got to the entrance and they said they did not have 6 seats together. I wound up sitting by myself with a bunch of people I did not know....I was also under the influence of a little orange barrel...............Extremely traumatic.

The only bad times I can remember in a theater were seeing Mortal Combat. Can't remember the movie worth shit, but I do remember two guys getting into a fight, being removed, with their girlfriends hanging their heads in shame. Scratch that, that wasn't bad, it was AWESOME! Love me a good fight. From a safe distance.

First Lord of the Rings movie was sort of bad, because they stuck us in front, and seeing that giant overview shot of the great battle against Sauron was almost epilepsy inducing up that close. Also when Return of the King happened I went to a LOTR marathon and there was this kid chewing his sandwich with his mouth open. Had me frustrated so much I eventually told him to close his mouth. If looks could kill from his Karen mother. :sunglasses: Other then that I can't remember any bad times. Me and my brother going to see Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country after our mother had died to take our minds of it. And to come back to the car to find my car battery empty cause of the lights. Not the theater's fault of course. I liked going to the theater in university. Everytime I had an exam I went to the movies the night before, because I do not believe in cramming for a test that late in the game, plus it relaxes the mind. And a relaxed mind at an exam is at least worth +1 on my grades.

I'd still be going to the theater, if only it wasn't all superhero/SJW/Disneyfied crap these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom