How many Axe-Fx's does it take to replicate this? (The World's Largest Guitar Pedalboard)

This is actually what many people think the axe will allow them to do and how it works. But as we can see that’s not practical or useful.

Even with just pedals, that’s about $100,000 in gear. And the axe is around $2000 for many, many amps and effects. Sounds like a deal to me.

Well, that was 10x (fast 5 min) of time wasted that I'll never get back.
You can do most (if not all) of that on an old Ultra! :rolleyes: ;)

When you go into the sports section and see 4 rows of fishing lures... are just like amps, guitars, pedals.... mostly gimmicks at this point.
will you catch more fish with the right lure, will you sound better and play more if you have a different set up.
The answer in many ways is yes, but it's still gimmick to lure you into spending more money

Seeing all those pedal boards being assembled makes me glad I no longer have to contend with that. Although at one time I thought I should become a pro pedal board builder, considering how many I built for myself over the years. That kinda fell by the wayside when I started using my Axe.

And now for the obligatory 'I own an Axe FX so I must bash regular pedals and amps' comment. they may have a shitload of pedals in that vid, you'd need an army of tap dancers to operate them all. Also, technically that's not a pedal board but a collection of interconnected ones. I know, I used to operate multiple boards myself.

This is actually what many people think the axe will allow them to do and how it works. But as we can see that’s not practical or useful.

Even with just pedals, that’s about $100,000 in gear. And the axe is around $2000 for many, many amps and effects. Sounds like a deal to me.

Exactly as I view it. Seems Spendy, but nowhere near as spendy as just one included modeled high-end amp - and we get access to hundreds of those + cabs + effects + you don’t have to tap-dance to get the sound you want - like this fella and his massive collection of stomp boxes + there’s room for a BAND after you set up + + + + + + ....there’s nothing but upsides with a III.

All I really HAVE to have is Reverb. That's really all, just Reverb and I'm good. Just a Friedman and some good Reverb.

Other than that, Delay is the next thing, followed by Wah, Chorus, Harmonizer, Phaser, Flanger.

That's really it.

Reverb is the only thing I absolutely need.

The rest of that I listed is just something to sprinkle on from time to time in moderation.

If all I had was a distorted amptone and Reverb though, I'd be satisfied.

I'm not much of a effects guy... I think they are overrated.

Back
Top Bottom