How many Axe-Fx 3 out there?

So one is more obligated to share than the other?
Yes. Part of taking people's money on the stock market with an IPO is that you are now "owned" by shareholders and have a federally-mandated obligation to report on your company's financial standing every quarter. Most companies are generous with the public information, on a quarterly basis, because it helps with confidence in their company and that helps with the performance of the stock on the market, which is what their shareholders (the owners) want.

If the purchase of one of their products included some stake in the business, then yeah, it's a valid question.
Buying a product doesn't entitle you to any of this information, public or private company. Buying a single share in a public company does.

[
Otherwise we're all simply consumers and have no "right" to any information regarding the business.
Correct.

Yes. Part of taking people's money on the stock market with an IPO is that you are now "owned" by shareholders and have a federally-mandated obligation to report on your company's financial standing every quarter. Most companies are generous with the public information, on a quarterly basis, because it helps with confidence in their company and that helps with the performance of the stock on the market, which is what their shareholders (the owners) want.
Totally understand buying shares (stock) in a company and the company's responsibility to shareholders. The question was posed as a consumer buying from either type of company and what they're entitled to.
Buying a product doesn't entitle you to any of this information, public or private company. Buying a single share in a public company does.
Absolutely.

Just to clarify my request AGAIN. I asked it not to know how many units Fractal sold, this is not my business... I only asked it to know how big is my favorite "musical dreams maker" brand... Fractal have the coolest and most efficient customer support, the powerful machine in guitar tone processing, the more updated, and the best music sounding machine I ever had... And I suppose it's a small company and it is a miracle... A little miracle.
I think you misunderstood the reason why I asked it...I asked just to put in evidence how great Fractal is even if it's a small "butique like" brand, where the smallness in dimension or in units sell is nothing compared to how big is the passion Cliff and his staff puts in their machines

Check out the artists page on the main site.

That list is pretty good evidence if you ask me. Personally, I wouldn't consider Fractal a 'small company' anymore. A few years ago it didn't surprise me when people hadn't heard of Fractal or the Axe. These days, every gigging guitarist I meet at least knows the name, and anyone that has actually played an Axe has loved it.

Just to clarify my request AGAIN. I asked it not to know how many units Fractal sold, this is not my business... I only asked it to know how big is my favorite "musical dreams maker" brand... Fractal have the coolest and most efficient customer support, the powerful machine in guitar tone processing, the more updated, and the best music sounding machine I ever had... And I suppose it's a small company and it is a miracle... A little miracle.
I think you misunderstood the reason why I asked it...I asked just to put in evidence how great Fractal is even if it's a small "butique like" brand, where the smallness in dimension or in units sell is nothing compared to how big is the passion Cliff and his staff puts in their machines

Unless FAS is giving away lots of free users on a regular basis or lots of units fall of the back of trucks, I'd wager that the number of units sold is pretty close to the size of the market or "brand"....

Or, until FAS becomes a "lifestyle" brand and the hip and trendy are spotted with Fractal T-Shirts even if they don't even play guitar lol

So one is more obligated to share than the other? If the purchase of one of their products included some stake in the business, then yeah, it's a valid question. Otherwise we're all simply consumers and have no "right" to any information regarding the business.

Just looking at the active members in the Axe-Fx III forum and FAS' artist list should be enough for anyone to "feel less alone".

Yes; corporate law. Likely not units sold, however categorized revenues might be available in the annual report.

Yes, one could perhaps extrapolate #s from forum membership if they knew the correct ratio. But, who only just bought one? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom