How many amps possible per preset?

mwd

Power User
I was attempting to set up multiple amps on a given preset using channels. I would go to pick an amp and I didn't have very many to choose from. I came to the conclusion that if you wanted to choose from the whole list of amps you could pick 1 amp for Amp 1 and 1 amp for Amp 2 and that the 4 channels were for variations of those 2 amps and that was the max.

But after watching a vid lesson I am thinking I am wrong. So am I able to use Channels A B C D and have 'any' amp I want per channel for amp 1 and any for amp 2 giving me the possibility of 8 different amps per preset?

So am I able to use Channels A B C D and have 'any' amp I want per channel for amp 1 and any for amp 2 giving me the possibility of 8 different amps per preset?

YES! (with max any 2 active at a time, i.e. a channel from Amp 1 and a channel from Amp 2)

[Rabbit-hole caveat: with other functions (like exp pedals and Scene Controllers) you can tweak many amp parameters on the fly like gain, MV, etc leading to more than just two amps with "fixed settings".]

Last edited:
Reactions: mwd
yes. channels are separate "instances" of the entire block. they can be completely different, or they could be the same, or just have minor differences. they're separate.

there are 2 amp blocks in the Axe3, so 2 amps can be active at the same time.

I was attempting to set up multiple amps on a given preset using channels. I would go to pick an amp and I didn't have very many to choose from. I came to the conclusion that if you wanted to choose from the whole list of amps you could pick 1 amp for Amp 1 and 1 amp for Amp 2 and that the 4 channels were for variations of those 2 amps and that was the max.

But after watching a vid lesson I am thinking I am wrong. So am I able to use Channels A B C D and have 'any' amp I want per channel for amp 1 and any for amp 2 giving me the possibility of 8 different amps per preset?
Channels are the same as X/Y on the Axe Fx II... Except there are 4 instead of 2.

I was successful last night creating an 8 amp preset with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in. Going to refine as a couple of my fav cleans, a couple of crunches, couple of leads and a couple of alternate sounds.

Back
Top Bottom