How loud is your frfr?

clive9

I have always used a ss power amp and real cab when playing with my band. I’m thinking about trying out an frfr. I know it obviously depends on the size of the frfr speaker but are they typically loud enough to keep up with a full band? Most of them I see look very small in comparison to a traditional cab

Used my XiTone the other night in a big school auditorium. 1x12 pointed out to the crowd and it kept up with drums, bass and another guitarist going through a Vox AC15.

Bart Simpson Reaction GIF

Another XiTone 1x12 user here.

How clean would you say it sounds at really loud volume? Especially high gain sounds?
I don't do high gain. But for all the gain variations I use, the XiTone stays true to character up to ear bleeding levels. Low end with it is sometimes extreme. Extreme in the windows-rattle kind of way, not it-gets-woofy kind of way.

I'm a huge fan of gain and my CLR will get WAY louder than I'd ever want to play for very long. FWIW, I tune my presets at 90+ db and the CLR's aren't cranked at that point.

I'm a huge fan of gain and my CLR will get WAY louder than I'd ever want to play for very long. FWIW, I tune my presets at 90+ db and the CLR's aren't cranked at that point.
Are clr’s hard to get? I can’t find them anywhere. Had to get in a waiting list on atomic’s website

Are clr’s hard to get? I can’t find them anywhere. Had to get in a waiting list on atomic’s website
I joined the wait list like a year ago and I still haven't been called. If you want CLR's I'd suggest looking on the used market.

We agreed on a 85db max stage volume, hence the original attraction to modelers. Although the CLR can easily be louder than a traditional 4x12 is desired.
Does the same go for the xitone 1x12? I think I’m gonna go with that since the Clr is no where to be found online

I picked up a late model XiTone 112 active cab a couple weeks ago, and it gets painfully stupid loud. And sounds great in the process.

All that is about speaker sensitvity.
The Celestion F12-x200 is almost as loud as a typical guitar speaker, which means 50 watts is already plenty loud. Most FRFRs instead need x-times the watts for the same volume.
So you can't rely on watts in datasheets.
Cutting through in a bandmix and avoiding ear fatigue is also about clarity. The clearer the better.

+1 for Xitone - just picked one up used last week (powered 1x12wedge) and it’s awesome - loud, and sounds better than the Headrush 112 I was using.

Back
Top Bottom