• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

How loud is your frfr?

clive9

I have always used a ss power amp and real cab when playing with my band. I’m thinking about trying out an frfr. I know it obviously depends on the size of the frfr speaker but are they typically loud enough to keep up with a full band? Most of them I see look very small in comparison to a traditional cab

grandinq

Power User
Used my XiTone the other night in a big school auditorium. 1x12 pointed out to the crowd and it kept up with drums, bass and another guitarist going through a Vox AC15.

iaresee

Administrator
Bart Simpson Reaction GIF

Another XiTone 1x12 user here.

iaresee

Administrator
How clean would you say it sounds at really loud volume? Especially high gain sounds?
I don't do high gain. But for all the gain variations I use, the XiTone stays true to character up to ear bleeding levels. Low end with it is sometimes extreme. Extreme in the windows-rattle kind of way, not it-gets-woofy kind of way.

warlockII

Power User
I'm a huge fan of gain and my CLR will get WAY louder than I'd ever want to play for very long. FWIW, I tune my presets at 90+ db and the CLR's aren't cranked at that point.

clive9

I'm a huge fan of gain and my CLR will get WAY louder than I'd ever want to play for very long. FWIW, I tune my presets at 90+ db and the CLR's aren't cranked at that point.
Are clr’s hard to get? I can’t find them anywhere. Had to get in a waiting list on atomic’s website

OrganicZed

Power User
Are clr’s hard to get? I can’t find them anywhere. Had to get in a waiting list on atomic’s website
I joined the wait list like a year ago and I still haven't been called. If you want CLR's I'd suggest looking on the used market.

luke

Fractal Fanatic
We agreed on a 85db max stage volume, hence the original attraction to modelers. Although the CLR can easily be louder than a traditional 4x12 is desired.

clive9

We agreed on a 85db max stage volume, hence the original attraction to modelers. Although the CLR can easily be louder than a traditional 4x12 is desired.
Does the same go for the xitone 1x12? I think I’m gonna go with that since the Clr is no where to be found online

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
I picked up a late model XiTone 112 active cab a couple weeks ago, and it gets painfully stupid loud. And sounds great in the process.

Top Bottom