How long have you left your Axe-FX II on for - did it crash?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I had a strange situation today with the Axe-FX II. My studio is in the basement, and I heard a loud whine coming from there about 1pm today. It turns out that I had left my Axe-FX II on all night in the studio (have done occasionally in the past), and when I came down to check the noise, it was coming through a powered speaker attached to the Axe-FX II. I looked at the screen to see that the unit had crashed - gobblety gook characters all across the display (admittedly it was kind of cool looking) and it was unresponsive. A simple power cycle cleared the problem, but it does have me wondering what might have happened. The ambient temperature in my basement is considerably cooler than the rest of the house, so I don't _think_ it's heat related.

Being an ex-programmer, the first thing I thought was maybe there was a memory leak in the code (C++ used to be famous for this) that finally freaked the unit out, but this is probably very unlikely from the gang at Fractal.

Any thoughts on what it might have been?

Pete

yeah, for better or worse, I have my axe sitting next to me all day and end up leaving it on for days. Once in awhile there will be a blank display but a power cycle fixes it. Stays reasonably cool and haven't had any issues. Although, I'm turning it off now, because I know there's no damn reason to leave it on.

Folks -

I had a strange situation today with the Axe-FX II. My studio is in the basement, and I heard a loud whine coming from there about 1pm today. It turns out that I had left my Axe-FX II on all night in the studio (have done occasionally in the past), and when I came down to check the noise, it was coming through a powered speaker attached to the Axe-FX II. I looked at the screen to see that the unit had crashed - gobblety gook characters all across the display (admittedly it was kind of cool looking) and it was unresponsive. A simple power cycle cleared the problem, but it does have me wondering what might have happened. The ambient temperature in my basement is considerably cooler than the rest of the house, so I don't _think_ it's heat related.

Being an ex-programmer, the first thing I thought was maybe there was a memory leak in the code (C++ used to be famous for this) that finally freaked the unit out, but this is probably very unlikely from the gang at Fractal.

Any thoughts on what it might have been?

Pete

Fractal Audio - do you need an excellent Test Engineer, who just ordered an AXEFxII & can be of help ;)
I would love to work with you, even part time if there is a possibility....
Please let me know and my resume shall follow :)

Back
Top Bottom