How long have you been playing guitar (or bass, or whatever).

How long have you been playing guitar??

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • 5 - 15 years

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Since Moses wore short pants (over 15 years)

Votes: 88 84.6%

• Total voters

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Just wondering the experience level of the typical Fractal user. I’m betting 5-15 years will be most popular but lets see.

Guitar about 28 years, started when I was 12.

Started piano a good 7 years before that.

Fun fact, with the exception of basic chords and the blues box I'm self-taught on guitar. Everything I know is from learning music theory and scales on piano. I hold the pick with 3 fingers. I never 'learned the fretboard' in the traditional sense, with different positions and stuff...everything was always "I know how to play this melody/solo/chord on piano, let me find a place to play it here". Over time I learned the fretboard in my own way for my own uses, obviously I know where all the notes are, but I still think piano first even though I don't play it nearly as often as guitar these days.

Because of that, I've always declined whenever people ask me if I give guitar lessons. I have no idea how you're "supposed" to learn guitar and if a potential student didn't already have the theory and note background I did, I'd have even less of an idea.

Started in 76 got my first electric in 81.
During the 80's and early 90's put together some pretty complex rigs.
Big cost, total overkill for what I was doing.
Very time consuming, making cables programming every unit in the rack and so on.
Truth of the matter, I did enjoy the process! Oh and I forgot lots of troubleshooting.
I would like to say the Axe Fx is what I always dreamed of, however it's not. It's way better!

Dad had a cheap Teisco around since 69-70. I picked it up many times but didn't really learn anything until I was 12 (1977). My older cousin taught me most all the common, open position chords in one 2 hour sitting. Been wacking ever since and always manage to find something new.

More relevant questions based off of above responses:

How many pairs of reading glasses do you own?
How many times do you pee a night?
Have you forgotten more songs than you can remember how to play?
Do you love the younger generation of guitar players on youtube, but they irritate the hell out of you at the same time?

More relevant questions based off of above responses:

How many pairs of reading glasses do you own?
How many times do you pee a night?
Have you forgotten more songs than you can remember how to play?
Do you love the younger generation of guitar players on youtube, but they irritate the hell out of you at the same time?
Lmao

I have played different Instruments and played the harmonica & Guitar for over 45 years.
It is my one vice and I love to loose track of time playing music.
I still have a lot to learn and enjoy learning new things.

Back
Top Bottom