how long does it take to upload in ripwerx? has it crashed?

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi all, got my new midi interface.
managed to download the current patch for my fcb, but im trying to upload my new one, but its taking ages. is this right?
or has it crashed?

cheers
joe

Should be about 10-30 seconds at the most if memory serves correctly.

It won't upload through the AxeFXII's MIDI interface. I had to use another MIDI port from my sound card for uploading settings to the FCB. I can still dump from the FCB to the computer via the AxeFXII's MIDI input port though.

So basically I have the FCB's output going into the AxeFXII and the FCB's input coming from the other MIDI port from the sound card. Works great.

I know that there is another application out there by the guy that makes the Gordius that I think has some kind of setting that may help this problem. I believe that it has to do with either the size of the sysex data being sent or a buffer and Ripwerx doesn't seem to have settings to address it. Another idea may be to use a virtual port and something like MIDI-Ox in between the two in order to adjust port settings and try to either break up the size or adjust the rate of transfer. I never got that far because the other way I use it works great for me. I don't need to have the AxeFXII send any info to the FCB.

Cool. Thanks man.
Im not using the axe fx to do this, so least i know that won't help now,thanks.

Thats a good point, if i save the sysex file, then use the midoix to send that, is that what you mean?
I got an m-audio 1x1 midi to usb thing, hope it's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom