How long did it take for you to become great at using your DAW, a DAW

I'm going to the University Of YouTube.

No shortage of info there. Recording Revolution covers alot of good basic mixing. I'm no pro, but it isn't rocket science, takes some guidance and 'time in the saddle'. Good luck! Never give up, never surrender.

PS. I take it you have a Suhr, so that gives you an edge. ;)

After a few years working in a pro studio I thought I waps pretty shit hot on pro tools. The clients were usually impressed. Then a pro post production guy from Disney in L.A. Came through and made me feel like a rank amateur. He knew pro tools like Petrucci knows guitar. Just with his knowledge of keyboard shortcuts and machine gun typing skills he set up a complex project in 30 seconds with all the tracks named, multiple plugins in place, inputs and outputs assigned, reverb on a bus... Would take me 5 minutes to get to that point.

To his credit, he was pretty cool about it. When I told him I was impressed by what I just witnessed he laughed and said "well I do spend 8 hours a day doing exactly that, so I would hope I get fast and efficient at it".

After a few years working in a pro studio I thought I waps pretty shit hot on pro tools. The clients were usually impressed. Then a pro post production guy from Disney in L.A. Came through and made me feel like a rank amateur. He knew pro tools like Petrucci knows guitar. Just with his knowledge of keyboard shortcuts and machine gun typing skills he set up a complex project in 30 seconds with all the tracks named, multiple plugins in place, inputs and outputs assigned, reverb on a bus... Would take me 5 minutes to get to that point.

To his credit, he was pretty cool about it. When I told him I was impressed by what I just witnessed he laughed and said "well I do spend 8 hours a day doing exactly that, so I would hope I get fast and efficient at it".
Holy words... Practice makes you better, no matter the topic and sometimes seeing a pro at work worth a thousand hours in the classroom...

I've been using Pro Tools since ProTools 5 came out with the TDM cards and upgraded it twice and it took me 2 years to get good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom