How Long Before MFC's Available?

You are being too nice! Actually, Cliff's management of the MFC has been a marketing/business disaster. For starters he NEVER should have given Axe Edit away for free. This could have been a steady revenue stream to help provide capital to keep the Chinese building MFCs. While its "honorable" of him to offer it for free it only hurts him in the end by "cheapening" his overall platform. A smart business man always has a pipeline funded by capital by a guaranteed source. Historically this is how companies go "belly up"...IMHO

Unless there's some writing on the wall I gotta say all of your points are, with all due respect, false.

Fractal's stuff sells as fast as they can crank it out. They don't sacrifice quality for the bottom line. They darn sure don't charge for the details he believes should be available to the 'End User' after the purchase. This is something only a small, non board, non investor, stockholder company can get away with. He's constantly improving the product people have already paid for well above and beyond.

This isn't a big corporation and I'm glad for that. The major selling points here would disappear.

I'm really intrigued by the thought process behind the quote. There is quite literally NO evidence supporting the claims aside from (no offense intended, but I'm sure this will go over great) an entitlement mentality and frankly selfish behavior.

When the MFC is available. It'll sell. Until that point people will sit on a waiting list or they'll find another controller. Its pretty black and white from my perspective.

Again, I NEED a controller, but I'm darn sure not gonna sit here and make accusations of "Marketing Disasters" and "Cheapening the overall platform" which "is how companies go belly up". I'll just sit here with money kicked aside and when its available, I'll buy it.

Last edited:
Fractal's stuff sells as fast as they can crank it out. They don't sacrifice quality for the bottom line. They darn sure don't charge for the details he believes should be available to the 'End User' after the purchase. This is something only a small, non board, non investor, stockholder company can get away with. He's constantly improving the product people have already paid for well above and beyond.

This isn't a big corporation and I'm glad for that. The major selling points here would disappear.

I have to agree.

I thought long and hard before I jumping into the Fractal pool--I didn't inherit money; I'm just a middle class guitar player with a day job and two kids in college, so this investment was a big decision for me. So I spent awhile monitoring the forum to see how people felt about the Axe FX II after they'd made the purchase.

And what I found was a bunch of people who were happier with the product than the day they unpacked it, simply because it was a better product than the one they'd bought!

How many other companies selling cutting-edge technology do this for their customers? None of the big ones, that's for sure. Because the big ones avoid the "marketing disaster" caused by giving customers tools that enhance the product's value for free, instead of selling them every extra option and upgrade.

All i can tell you is that Cliff's "disastrous' methods--providing Axe Edit for free, and suprising owners with a nearly constant stream of significant free upgrades (not to mention being accessible, personable and genuinely interested in making sure we're getting what we paid for)--turned out to be the very things that finally convinced me to make the plunge, and I'll wager I'm not the only one.

I take what I said back......after a month of tweaking my new Axe FX II I finally came up with "my" tone!
I can't believe how much more responsive the Axe FX II is over the Ultra. Clearer more defined bottom end and singing highs that almost make me feel like I'm cheating! I can bend and sustain notes for days!
I really loved my Ultra too, for a while I didn't think that I could find what I was looking for until I watch a video from scot Peterson explaining his approach to building presets in the Axe II. Very helpful, thanks Scott!

The accolades for the Axe FX II are all well deserved. The point of this thread, however, is trying to find out when the MFC-101 will be available. I bought my FX II at the end of last year and I still do not have the Edit program or the MFC-101. I have been on a waiting list since the first of the year. I love the unit but this has me somewhat perturbed to say the least.

I'm in the same boat, on the list since Jan. Would be nice to know if we're talking weeks or months here.

Speaking to the European Distributor, G66, they're expecting their shipment mid-April. I put my name on the waiting list, just in case.

I have a hunch it has something to do with v10 & axe edit.
Just doesnt make sense to be unavailable for over 3 months.

Clearly you are a marketing genius.

He can't NOT give Axe Edit for free.

Why??

Because every time he updates the FW (which everyone will want right away), people will have to buy a new version of Axe Edit as, clearly, the old Axe Edit is not forward compatible. How upset would you be if you spent money on a product and then six months later would have to pay for a NEW product (or have to pay to update it) all over again so you can use it with the latest firmware update?

But really, until you own a company like FAS, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Neither do I for that matter so take whatever I say on this topic with a grain of salt. I'm sure they appreciate the marketing lesson given by you, oh wise and powerful Oz of Marketing.

One word: Fractalbot

Have you checked out the Behringer FCB1010?
It's a good value for the price, the buttons are much better to access (and to be pressed, as the MFC buttons are very tight), it already comes with 2 expression pedals and well, let's face it: All you really need the ground board for is for accessing presets or CC's.
I own an MFC and I gotta say I could easily live with an FCB aswell (friend of mine got one), as I don't use the build-in tuner [it has a huge delay so I always end up using the axe display for tuner instead of the mfc display] and use an external easier to hit pedal for tapping tempo anyway.
The LED feedback of block states is nice... but since I don't use IAs a lot after the scenes feature was added, I could live without it.

Can the Behringer FCB1010 process scenes? Not so much huh... Not enough buttons there to do it without the loss of 1 thru 10.

It does have two buttons that can be input on the back of the floor board that could accomplish 3 total scenes per patch, I am thinking...

* Disregard two switches above. They are used for analog switching of amp channels.

Last edited:
I too would like to know. Part of upgrading and selling off all the old gear requires the MFC-101. Sure would be nice if they put an "estimated date of availability up."

Additionally, It's just sad seeing assholes trying to re-sell them on EBAY for 2x the price quoting the fact they are out of stock.

At any rate, My Axe FX will arrive tomorrow and I also own an FCB1010. I have spent a lot of time with the FCB1010 and know how to program it, will be interesting to see how it works out as I have so far been able to program to work with every other piece of gear thrown at it.

Today marks 9 months with my Axe FX II, and still no MCF. Been using the Axe live for months now, just leaving it on a single amp sound and running pedals into it. I finally took a gig as a bass player--at least doing that, I don't miss switching between amps!

Don't regret my purchase at all; it's just kind of a waste to not be getting all I can out of this thing.

Today marks 9 months with my Axe FX II, and still no MCF. Been using the Axe live for months now, just leaving it on a single amp sound and running pedals into it. I finally took a gig as a bass player--at least doing that, I don't miss switching between amps!

Don't regret my purchase at all; it's just kind of a waste to not be getting all I can out of this thing.

Dude, I feel your pain. I played my first gig with a band to a packed house around the University of Miami, it's a shame when my times for solos came, I had to turn around squat down and change the scene. Goodbye at least 2 bars in that time frame too. I've only been waiting about 2 months, but it's still a pretty serious issue. I can't do what I have to do if I have to take my hands off the instrument to change effects. I don't regret buying it, it's the best sounding piece of gear I've ever owned. But Come on. I already bought $750 in Gift Certificate toward it. I'm locked in until it shows the F up.

Back
Top Bottom