How long after you received your FM9 did you decide to sell your amps and cabs…

sparkle

Inspired
How long after you received your FM9 did you decide to sell your amps and cabs…

I keep staring t the not used cabs 2 1x12s and 1 4x12 and my amp head….and going hmmm….

I didn’t have a collection to sell, so I can’t comment on that. What I will say is if you get a clean power amp like the Seymour Duncan PowerStage, it can be a lot of fun to play through your cabs to get that amp-in-the-room feel.

I switched to the AXE II for gigging a few years ago, but still kept a tube-amp "grab and go" for when I didn't want to lug a heavy rack full of stuff. With the FM9, I received it in December and I've sold my "gig" amps and cabs and floor effects. I still have my home studio amps, as I still use them with the FM9. I also have a Captor Reactive Load and a Suhr Reactive Load. Doubt I'll ever use a guitar cab again.

Had I bought an AX8, I probably would have ditched the cabs sooner.

Went AxeFX II XL+ right before the III came out. FM9 since October or so.
Still have my JVM410C and Mark V (combo) and keeping them.

Still have a Randall MTS combo and a Mesa two:eek:nehundred power amp. Haven't turned them on in over 10 years. Won't sell them because I won't get much for them. I just look at them as I'm playing my FM9.

I've kept an old bassman head and 3 or 4 small combo amps I've had for decades. Two of the combos need repaired and the other two haven't been turned on in years. I do like amps but the Axe-Fx is what I prefer to play out with.

I did get rid of some larger stuff years ago when I got the Ultra, then the II.

I thought I'd stick to my guns and keep my amps as some sort of gesture of integrity, but I found I couldn't wait to dump all my other gigging gear after one gig with my FM9. That's saying something.

Sold mine off years ago! I have been toying with the idea of getting another just to have a fresh frame of reference! I have been staring at a Shur PT 15 IR head for quite a few years.

I recently got my FM9 along with a HeadRush FRFR. I'm still debating whether or not to sell my amps. I have a Mesa Triple Rec, Calvin Legacy, Fishman acoustic, a few smaller amps plus a pedalboard filled with Strymon pedals. My issue is that I don't like people that I don't know in my house and they'd be a pain to ship because of their size and weight. I have a buddy that owns a music store and have sold guitars on consignment there but he won't take the large amps because they don't sell.

Back
Top Bottom