How it's Made: Dream Cars

Great stuff !

I really like the way you're rockin those tracks. Congrats on the "How it's made" deal, Nice job !

Salutations d'un autre franco AxeFiste ! \w/

Outstanding sound. Well done! Like so many others have said, I watched the show and thought the music was really good and wondered who they got to do it. VERY cool to find out it was done on the AxeFX II! Look forward to hearing the "How it's made" or behind the scenes story on this music, and as many others have requested, how one ends up with a cool gig like this.

yeah ... groovy !!! Quick question how someone get this kind of job ? and what they demand ? I mean, did they say to you, we want rock riffs, one track of 20sec and 1 track of 1min etc ... ?¿ very interested

For those who want to know, I got that job by a friend who's friend is a friend of one of the producer :D LOL! Basically the original guy who had the gig didn't had the time to do it. So he hired my friend who hired me because it's a guitar gig and he plays keys. Let's say I've been lucky :)

They've asked for heavy rock stuff so I did 3 or 4 different kind of songs to know what they liked. After their feedback, they just asked: can you do 40 x 5min of these styles? Sure!!! :D

Everything I've done before was always to create music after images are done or timing locked. But in this case, it was the opposite. They said that a in-house guy will cut the tracks to fit the images.... eh..... ok!?! So I did music with no images but some directions like: background music, no lead melody, different sections in each songs to be able to create loops if needed etc... Delivered in stems so they can change the mix or mute tracks etc...

You guys have probably seen more than me because it's not "on air" here in Canada (will be in autumn) and the only way for me to see it, is via non legit way for now :?

This gig was not as nice as it may look, but it was a fun 2 month of work ;)

Thanks again for all you comments, really appreciated :)

For those who want to know, I got that job by a friend who's friend is a friend of one of the producer :D LOL! Basically the original guy who had the gig didn't had the time to do it. So he hired my friend who hired me because it's a guitar gig and he plays keys. Let's say I've been lucky :)

They've asked for heavy rock stuff so I did 3 or 4 different kind of songs to know what they liked. After their feedback, they just asked: can you do 40 x 5min of these styles? Sure!!! :D

Everything I've done before was always to create music after images are done or timing locked. But in this case, it was the opposite. They said that a in-house guy will cut the tracks to fit the images.... eh..... ok!?! So I did music with no images but some directions like: background music, no lead melody, different sections in each songs to be able to create loops if needed etc... Delivered in stems so they can change the mix or mute tracks etc...

You guys have probably seen more than me because it's not "on air" here in Canada (will be in autumn) and the only way for me to see it, is via non legit way for now :?

This gig was not as nice as it may look, but it was a fun 2 month of work ;)

Thanks again for all you comments, really appreciated :)

I m not sure if the people get it but ... man 40 great riffs is not that easy !!! so congrats for that !!!!

Thanks guys. Not all tracks are great songs, but I had to do almost one track a day. Sometimes inspiration is just not there and you have to ship that song anyway...

This is why I've done some kind of "excerpt of the best of" ;-)

Love the music in this show! I've watched all the episodes so far and have always wondered who that was. Googled it and it led me back here! I had the feeling an Axe had something to do with those great tones behind the narrator!

Yeah!! Great stuff. That will lift that show.
Dont know who made the music for the older episodes, but this sounds much better!

Googled to see where the music for the series was coming from and that led me here. First time I've ever heard anything remotely 'djent' on tv, couldn't believe my ears. First I was like industrial metal? Then I was like wow it's dissonant too, and then the tones. Definitely caught my ears as a huge Bulb/Mansoor fan myself. Definitely going to check your stuff out!

Dude - did you try getting them to send you a copy of the finished video? I would have at least asked for the sake of your composer's resume. What a great opportunity! And yes, writing music that fast and getting good takes is hard! So kudos to you for getting it done!

Back
Top Bottom