how is your mfc101 currently set up?

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
with scenes now being available, i haven't got my head round how i should best optimize my mfc101.
just curious how you guys are setting up the switches on your mfcs?

mine:
1 to 3 - presets
4 - drive on/off
5 - flanger on/off (for the evh moment)
6 - compressor on/off
7 - phaser on/off
8 - chorus on/off
9 - amp x/y (this is currently redundant with scenes, though)
10 - delay x/y (to switch between quarter notes and dotted eighths)
11 to 15 - scenes (mainly different combinations of amp1, amp2, ampx/y, cab1, cab2, cabx/y)
16 - tempo/tuner
17 - looper on/off
reveal - short for looper control on/off
exp pedal 1 - wah
exp pedal 2 - delay input gain

care to share yours?

9mfc.jpg

The labels for switches 1 -5 (bottom row) are for Reveal mode.
When the MFC is not in Reveal mode, switches 1-4 switch between scenes 1-4 in my main preset. And switch 5 is my Lead preset.

9mfc.jpg

The labels for switches 1 -5 (bottom row) are for Reveal mode.
When the MFC is not in Reveal mode, switches 1-4 switch between scenes 1-4 in my main preset. And switch 5 is my Lead preset.

colourful board! waiting for my kicktags to arrive...
so your bank size is 1?
with scenes, this might be sufficient really..

I appreciate this thread.
Just got an MFC used and did the FW update, and a reset.
Everything is default right now.
Just figuring out things.
I like it a lot so far.

I dance a bit.

Normal mode:
1 thru 15 are presets (each bank is 15 presets, and each is optimized for different guitars. At this point I have 3 main banks that each handle a particular guitar and/or set of guitars).

Reveal mode:
1 thru 4 are Scenes (until I get my new external switches, then those four should become scenes and the 4 on the MFC will become FX)
5 thru 16 are FX
17 is Tuner
Exp #1 is Volume (before everything)
Exp #2 & #3 are for whatever FX need 'em (Wah, Pitch, delay, ect)

I've been using the Stomp Labels (I too dig a colorful board), but have a new trick up my sleeve I'll show off soon. Stomp Labels are EXCELLENT, the only reason I'm changing up is for a little visual artistic creativity....

Yek, I'm trying to wrap my brain around your post. How are you using switches 1-4 for scenes if NOT in reveal mode? I thought you needed to be in reveal mode to access the bottom switches for IAs...

Switches 1-4 send Program Change messages, so he's not using "IAs" (CC messages). He has a Custom Mapping setup on his Axe where those PC messages 1-4 actually map to Preset 1 (could be any #), Scenes 1-4 respectively. PC 5 (switch 5) goes to some other preset.

Custom mapping is in the I/O MIDI menu.

thanks for asking my question, tguitar.
was also trying to figure out Yek's setup.
Chris's reply, unfortunately, is still going over my head.
back to the batcave...

to rtfm again

basically its custom midi programming to achieve what he needs. I'm a bit retarded when it comes to some of the midi stuff. I just stick to axe fx mode and assign IAs as i need them. I hope to get into some deeper programming at some point for greater flexibility...

I am still messing with it thanks to scenes but for now I have bank size 5.
Under reveal:
1-Scene 2
2-Scene 3
3-Scene 4
4-Scene 5
5-Scene 6

7- Drive 1
8- Drive 2
9- Filter 1
10 Scene 9
11 Reverb x/y
12 Chorus