How Is this possible ??

Billbill

Power User
Good morning guys quick question I have a patch that I'm using the pitch black as a chorus . Is it possible to set it up to where the pitch black effect only affects the low-end (around 30hz) of the patch/tone?!?! I would just like to have the effect on the low-end that I tweak with PEQ. It's a stereo patch and I find that having that effect just stand out on the low-end really adds a deeper separation and sort of fills in the middle. How's this possible?!?

Yes, using the Xover block.
Break your signal off into a Xover block, set as desired, run that into the Pitch block....join it back to your main signal chain.

Yes, using the Xover block.
Break your signal off into a Xover block, set as desired, run that into the Pitch block....join it back to your main signal chain.
Xover block? Can't say I've ever seen that one when tinkering around in the editor! Is this a new feature? I'm running Q6.03

Or just put a filter block in front of the pitch block and set it to be an aggressive low pass filter with a knee around 30 Hz (that's really low BTW).

Nope, not a few feature at all.
Look for the block called 'X-Over'.

Some people use it to split their guitar signal and send the high frequencies through one Amp and the low frequencies through Another amp (if you like the top end of one amp and the low end of another).

Look for the block called 'X-Over'.
I'd like to try this too but when I right click on grid block and the menu with all the blocks comes up, there is no Xover block anywhere! Maybe there's a bug that's preventing me from seeing it? Idk

Yeah, 30 Hz and under for guitar tracks is mostly just unwanted rumble. Depending on the slope/order of the low pass filter used, you may get very little usable signal going into the pitch block with it set that low. Guitar low E fundamental is around 82 Hz and a low B on a 7 string would be around 62 Hz. Even the low F# on an 8 string would be at around 46 Hz.

Yeah, 30 Hz and under for guitar tracks is mostly just unwanted rumble. Depending on the slope/order of the low pass filter used, you may get very little usable signal going into the pitch block with it set that low. Guitar low E fundamental is around 82 Hz and a low B on a 7 string would be around 62 Hz. Even the low F# on an 8 string would be at around 46 Hz.
You speak the truth! However this patch is not going into a DAW for any recording because that would be pointless haha. It's sort of making up for a missing bassist and it's damn near believable when cranked up

Depends on where you look. On the hardware (grid) it is called Crossover.

Crossover or Xover, same thing I get it! The proposed solution to my original question poses another issue apparently because as I stated earlier, it's not in my effects list and I don't understand why

Back
Top Bottom