How is everyone mounting their MFC to a pedalboard?

Two different questions:
1. Actual fastening the board - I've only ever used two methods of mounting something to a pedalboard - Velcro and bolt-thru, and the bolt-thru method very sparingly. Velcro is the usual go-to, but the MFC's 6 rubber feet certainly make that difficult. Since the rubber feet screws also hold the case together, that makes velcro look even worse. Even if I wanted to get longer screws (after determining the proper thread, etc.), that is a tedious process and might limit some of my road case options. Just wondering what everyone else is doing.

2. Adjusting the angle - I've just been using the MFC for a very short time, but my first impression is that it would be easier to use if the slant from front to back were a little bit steeper. I had to be very careful to "toe down" on the buttons behind the front row so as not to accidentally press the button in front of the one I was trying to press. Is anyone doing anything to raise the back of the MFC or is it just me?

1. Take off rubber feet, remove screws from them and replace screws only to hold the casing .... then velcro away.

2. I'd probably take the lazy approach and just wedge up the whole pedalboard at the front with a bit of wood :)

I ended up getting the right side screws and just bolted it down to my pedal board. I used the back half of the case as a template and it worked out perfect. Clean and professional.

If I wanted to angle it I would just get longer screws and used plastic or rubber feet to raise up the back.

I took the feet off and put the screws back in. Two strips of 3" Velcro across the width of the MFC. Works great...

I used Velcro as well. Put it on a PedalTrain Novo 24 (which is angled as well) and did not have to take off the rubber feet (yet) as the Novo 24 has spaces that just worked well off the shelf.

See PIC.....

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 82
Row row row your boat, merrily down the stream
Screws off, velcro on, life's about to scream.

In fond memory of Blackadder.

Bolting on is probably the most secure method, and its hard to get quality velcro these days. I've got velcro that I put underneath pedals 10 to 5 years ago and you can suspend an Abrams battle tank upside down from it. Amazing stuff! And I have velcro that I bought in recent years. from various sources, often the same vendor, and it slides off pedals just by looking at it. I can't store any pedal board upright, I have to store them flat so gravity can't be the proverbial bitch. Then again its hard to bolt on something on a Pedaltrain frame though.

Removed feets, put back screws and then velcro :)
my homemade pedalboard is quite high so I'm kind of dancing to kick the mfc, I'll maybe angle it a little.

I use 3M DuoLock. It is much stronger than Velcro. I'm clumsy and tend to kick my pedals off of the board when using regular Velcro Hook and Loop fasteners.
I want a fastener that will hold my Rocktron Banshee even if I turn the board upside down and shake it. 3M (Scotch) DuoLock does this for me.

Wait you guys are mounting your MFC-101 to a pedalboard? Is there not enough buttons and effects for you already? lol I thought the MFC was your pedalboard.

There's not many pedals that I can't recreate on the axe fx. I know, I know, everyone's different.

OK - here's the deal (at least for me)... Besides wanting a CASE to protect the MFC, I also have control pedals that attach to the MFC (I personally have attached 3 Mission pedals to the MFC as external controllers - you know, for things like volume, Wah, etc). Without mounting those all to a pedalboard/road case, it becomes a real pain to transport and to set up every gig (and protect your investment). This is obviously for live playing. Different story if you're just using it in a home studio. So - THAT kind of pedalboard.

I went with a Trailer Trash hardtop board. Has a nice angle to it. I hard mounted the MFC, two Expression Pedals and 4 extra IA switches. I took the feet off of the MFC. Removed all 6 screws. The screws were not long enough to go through the 1/2" plywood deck and reach the the MFC efficiently so I bought some heavy gauge 2" washers, drilled recessed holes into the underneath side of the deck (maybe 1/4" deep). Dropped the washers in and screwed the MFC down. Solid as a rock. Here are some pics:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...tups-post-your-pics.29984/page-22#post-857847

They also offer services to mount things for you as well as offer road case solutions (IIRC).

Wait you guys are mounting your MFC-101 to a pedalboard? Is there not enough buttons and effects for you already? lol I thought the MFC was your pedalboard.
Beside the MFC I have wah and volume treadles, lighting pedals, and an iPad controller. There's also space for a tin of fuses, a tin of picks, and a pint of beer.

Oh, and I took the MFC's feet off, put the screws back, and stuck two lines of Velcro on it.

I velcroed mine almost three years ago and still going strong! I removed feet, lined the bottom with a plastic sheet, screwed it down, taped over the surface to improve velcro adhesion, done!
IMG_0370.jpg
IMG_0371.jpg

If you don't want to use Velcro or take the screws off I just bought the stage master pedalboard with the foam in it and just cut around the mfc 101 and the exsprssion pedal and just plunked them right in. It's a nice snug fit and doesn't move around at all when playing live.

Back
Top Bottom