How is everyone mounting the FM3 onto their pedalboards?

I am thinking of using this method on my hardcase. In the past, I have used just regular velcro. I may try this method and use four pices on each corner of the FM3 and the FC6, maybe just two pieces on the EV2? It looks pretty slick, it gives room for the fan, and it I am able to move or reorganize pretty easily. Not my video, just thought I would share! As a side note, I usually clean the bottom of the pedal with rubbing alcohol and place painters tape down first. This keeps stickers and tape from the bottom of the pedal from being damaged.

Last edited:
I will mount mine as I did the FC6 for my Axe III. I will gets screws that fit the FM3 (I believe they are M3.5 thread) remove the screws on the bottom side and drill holes in my polycarbonate "board" in the appropriate places and screw through the board, through the end pieces/feet and into the FM3. Clean installation that keeps it easy to remove (if you have the screwdriver).

Attachments

• IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 312
I could not find longer 3.5mm screws locally to me.

So I went with the Temple board, and their mounting pads, shoulders off on the FM3. It’s secure with great venting.

I went to two specialty stores around me, no go, glad you found them...what length did you order ? You will need longer than stock.

I am thinking of using this method on my hardcase. In the past, I have used just regular velcro. I may try this method and use four pices on each corner of the FM3 and the FC6, maybe just two pieces on the EV2? It looks pretty slick, it gives room for the fan, and it I am able to move or reorganize pretty easily. Not my video, just thought I would share! As a side note, I usually clean the bottom of the pedal with rubbing alcohol and place painters tape down first. This keeps stickers and tape from the bottom of the pedal from being damaged.

This the the method I am planning on using.

On top
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way... I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2 USB power hub. It powers my wireless and compressor.

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.
Can I ask how you’re feeding power from the furman to the FM3? I’ve heard the large holes in the templeboard aren’t large enough for an IEC plug.

I had to make a cable
Parts
  • Needed IEC cable with no male plug
  • male plug

Process
  • Feed cable through top side, leaving IEC cable on topside
  • assemble plug on the stripped cable on the bottom side

Gator G-tour works great, expression pedal and wireless mounted. remove the rubber bumpers on the FM3 and the top foam and it all fits perfect.

Attachments

• 8FDECE90-C082-4026-ACE4-B54C8652E890.jpeg
    8FDECE90-C082-4026-ACE4-B54C8652E890.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 273
  • 2BDC4802-1893-4B30-9B87-9ED77D32F045.jpeg
    2BDC4802-1893-4B30-9B87-9ED77D32F045.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 268
Back
Top Bottom