How IR Capture the Fryette Power Amp processing the Axe FX III output?

DFauvre

Inspired
I have the new Axe FX III. For the last year, I had the previous generation Axe FX III which I would record into my UA Apollo DAW after the Axe FX III went out into the Fryette Two/Fifty/Two Stereo Power Amp whose out went into a Two Notes Torpedo Capture load box to convert the output of the power amp, intended to go to a speaker cab, to a line out that could be run direct into the UA Apollo.

The Fryette provided that magic sauce making the Fractal Axe FX III come alive and sparkle like a real tube amp. You can hear an example of the tones I was getting here:

HELP NEEDED:
How do I use the IR Capture function in the Axe FX III to capture the tonal impact of running the Axe FX III through the Fryette?

I've tried doing the obvious, Output 2 of the Axe FX III into the Fryette and the speaker out of the Fryette into the Two Notes Torpedo Capture load box to a line level output and into input 2 of the Axe FX III.

However, this does NOT capture the subtle tube excitement imparted to the guitar tone as occurs when using the real Fryette and not the IR Capture block.

Can anyone suggest a way to capture the Fryette with the IR Capture feature (it's designed to capture a speaker, not the effect of a power amp) of the Axe FX III?

I have to tour internationally soon and as the Fryette weighs a whopping 37 pounds if I could get even close tonally with an IR capture that would be terrific.

I assume that in the Fractal I go as I have before in the Preset, amp+cab out to Fryette to load box to the Apollo when doing the IR capture I am after capturing the IR of the power amp, I'm inserting this captured IR cab (it's not a speaker cabinet so I have to use the original speaker in the Preset and add the IR capture of the Fryette after the fact).

Any suggestions on how to do this more better? It's not working well.

Thanks!
David

Try messing with the impedance curve stuff in the speaker tab instead. Most likely what you were getting in that setup is basically overhyped lows and highs from a double impedance curve if you did not have that changed or the Axe-Fx 3 poweramp sim disabled.

Try messing with the impedance curve stuff in the speaker tab instead. Most likely what you were getting in that setup is basically overhyped lows and highs from a double impedance curve if you did not have that changed or the Axe-Fx 3 poweramp sim disabled.
I did not have it disabled. It significantly improves the tone, makes the Fractal sound much more like a real live tube amp. Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have experience messing with the impedance curve in the speaker tab...what would you recommend putting the settings to in order to emulate the Fractal going out through the Fryette?

Back
Top Bottom