How I use my AX8 ... (+ presets)

Thanks, I understand. It's not a replacement for holding a switch to switch between X/Y though. Because that requires separate On and Off commands.

Hi @yek, love your work, as always :). I noticed on "DirtyShir ph fl c t" that both button 3 and 4 is set as Drive 2 instead of Drive 1 and Drive 2. You probably want to fix that up at some point. Thanks for sharing!

Not doing that here, Johan. Probably because I'm using global switches (except switch 5).

If reverb gets disabled in some scenes of the rotary/pitch presets, turn on Economy in the Pitch blocks.

Do you guys really find the Dirty Shirley to be vintage sounding? To my ears the DS has a very smooth and fine-grained distortion. IMO the Friedman Small Box has the same dynamic range, but its drive is much more grainy and organic, which to me equals vintage sounding :)
The DS is my main go-to for almost everything I do, but I am a primarily Marshall gain type of guy. I find it can be vintage or modern depending on how you play 'into' it. I love it.

The DS is my main go-to for almost everything I do, but I am a primarily Marshall gain type of guy. I find it can be vintage or modern depending on how you play 'into' it. I love it.
I use the JM45 and the Brit800 #34 for 90% of what I do. Somehow the Friedman's don't really do it for me.

I use the JM45 and the Brit800 #34 for 90% of what I do. Somehow the Friedman's don't really do it for me.

Neither the Dirty Shirley or most of the other Friedman's have done too much for me up to this point . I'll check them out this week on the 9.02 that I've now loaded to see if that has changed. . My Point??? Well, it would suck if all of us only liked the same modeling, and the Ax8 has wayyyy more than enough great stuff for everyone's tastes!

Eric

Last edited:
Thanks Yek, for the run through. A good demonstration of why sometimes it's better to write out a clear explanation as opposed to just turning on a video camera.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom