How I Spent My 6.0 Vacation

Phostenix

Power User
Since I put myself on Patch Change Hold until 6.0 is released, I decided to work on a guitar wiring project I've been thinking about for a while. I had a couple of ideas that required more than 4 pole switches (5-way Super Switch or Schaller MegaSwitch M), so I emailed Gunter Eyb and had him send me a couple of DUAL MegaSwitch M 5-way switches - 8 switching poles. With these switches, I can do some things I haven't been able to do before.

I haven't actually wired it up yet; it took all the time I had available this weekend just to make the Visio drawings.

I'll post them in my wiring diagram library with descriptions eventually, but here are the raw drawings. Should be fun to wire up. :)

Strat-X2%2BDualMegaPP.jpg

Strat-X2%2BDualMegaS1.jpg

Strat-X2%2BDualMegaS1OoPSC.jpg

Last edited:
Dual Schaller Megaswitch M selectors?

Hi,

I know it's been years since you posted this info on the Phostenix site <https://sites.google.com/site/phostenixwiringdiagrams/strats/strat-x2>, but I would like to try one of those circuits and don't know where to get one of the "Dual" M switches. Doesn't seem to be from the Schaller site <Schaller Megaswitches | Schaller-Electronic>

Can you help me, please? My curiosity is just driving me wild. I bought two of the regular M switches, but I don't think that's really what's required...doesn't make sense to have two selectors.

Thank you,

reedrainey
Fernandina Beach, FL

You could take 2 Megaswitch M switches and gang the switching elements together if you could find the right size of square rod to tie them together. I just emailed Gunter & bought the dual Ms directly. They don't show them on the website.

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

Back
Top Bottom