How I Save, Restore, and Load Presets...

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
Here are some step by step instructions on how I save, restore, and load presets...

Saving to flash ROM:

1. Go to the UTILITY menu on the Font Panel.
  2. Page right one time to the PRESET tab.
  3. Scroll down to Backup Bank (A, B, or C).
  4. Click ENTER 2 times on the Front Panel.
  5. You have now saved whichever bank you chose to the flash ROM.

Saving to a folder on your desktop: (for prosperity)

1. Create a folder on your desktop named to your liking.
  2. Start AxeEdit and click on the AxeManage button.
  3. Click on Bank (A, B, or C) under the AXE-FX header in the left pane.
  4. Highlight the presets you want to save. You can do one, multiples, or all of them. Another approach to highlight them all is to click Edit in the menu header above the presets then click Select > ALL.
  5. Right click in the highlighted area and choose Export Selected Presets then browse to the folder you created in step 1 using the up/down arrows on right side of destination path box.
  6. Click the Open button and the presets will be written to the folder.

Loading V(?) Presets to Axe II: (There are many ways to do this. I do this for simplicity and to be able to see what is happing real time )

1. Download and unzip the FAS V(?) preset banks to a folder on your desktop named to your liking.
  2. Open Axe-Edit and click on AxeManage button.
  3. Create a new window in AxeManage by clicking View > New View > Desktop
  4. Click Window and check Docked. You should have side by side windows
  5. Click on Bank A under the AXE-FX header in the left window. This is the bank you will overwrite. This left window is for visualizing the process.
  6. Click on the folder you created in step 1 in the right window.
  7. Right click the V(?)_Bank_A.syx file in the right window and Send to Axe-Fx > Selected Bank. Follow the prompt on which bank you wish to override (in this case A) and click SAVE. You will now see the presets get updated one by one in the left window.
  8. Repeat steps 5 thru 7 for banks B & C by changing the destination bank in left window and choosing the appropriate source and paths in the right for the other two banks.
In this example you can see I created a folder on my desktop called "temp banks" to hold new presets and am sending them to Bank A and the first preset was overwritten as noted by the green icon.

banks_zpsb957426b.jpg

Replacing your personal presets back to the Axe II: (you have several options to do this. I’ll give you 2)

A) AxeManage:

1. Click the Bank you wish to place them in in the left window under the AXE-FX header.
  2. In the right window browse to the folder you created in Step 1 of the Saving to a folder on your desktop instructions above. This is where you saved your presets.
  3. Highlight the preset(s) you wish to put back in the Axe II.
  4. Right click the highlighted area and drag the preset(s) to where you want them in the left window. You will see their icons turn red. That means they are moved in AxeEdit but not stored on II yet.
  5. Highlight them and right click and click Send to Axe-FX > Selected Presets and you should see them turn green as they are written to the Axe.

B) Front Panel: (this pulls the presets you saved in ROM but you will need to know what number they were)

1. Click the Recall Button and scroll the big knob to the preset you wish to overwrite.
  2. Go to the UTILITY menu on the Font Panel.
  3. Page right one time to the PRESET tab.
  4. Scroll down to Fetch Backup Preset.
  5. Turn the big Knob to the number you wish to fetch.
  6. Click Enter. You will see the preset you got from ROM on the front panel. It is not saved yet!
  7. Click Store > Enter >Enter to save it.
  8. Repeat steps 1 thru 7 for the presets you wish to recover from ROM.

note: Some people have reported issues with presets changing while using cut-n-paste methods in previous versions of AxeEdit. AxeManage was never retro-fitted with any of the new code for AxeEdit beta 1.9 so you may also experience similar results. If so then take the time to restore using the front panel ROM method above.

As long as you have them saved on your PC you can always recover from any errors you may cause. I personally always start over from scratch on my personal presets with major firmware changes. I find it easier than modifying old ones.

Play around and have fun.

Last edited:
Thank you.

You are more than welcome. I find a lot of people asking about this topic. Others use different workflows but these have always worked for me. Someone asked in another thread so I typed up what I do and thought to create a thread I can link to in my sig so it doesn't get buried. It's all in the manual and the YFW. (Yek's Fabulous Wiki :eagerness:)

Last edited:
You are more than welcome. I find a lot of people asking about this topic. Others use different workflows but these has always worked for me. Someone asked in another thread so I typed up what I do and thought to create a thread I can link to in my sig so it doesn't get buried. It's all in the manual and the YFB. (Yek's Fabulous Wiki :eagerness:)
Oh, I know it's in Yek's writings and the manual, but sometimes it's REALLY nice to get the Coles Notes version of something critical so that one doesn't have to pour over copious amounts of literature to get from "A" to "B". In your posted aforementioned case, this is exactly what I needed to read.

Nicely done. And I can't give more than one 'like', otherwise I would :mrgreen

You are more than welcome. I find a lot of people asking about this topic. Others use different workflows but these has always worked for me. Someone asked in another thread so I typed up what I do and thought to create a thread I can link to in my sig so it doesn't get buried. It's all in the manual and the YFW. (Yek's Fabulous Wiki :eagerness:)

Thank You! I think you just pushed me over the top to dump 7 and go to 10!

A huge THANKS Craig ! It saves me some time, and arrives at the good moment : I was wondering about the best way to try Fremen presets with my Axe FX ;). Your detailed procedure is very much appreciated, thanks again !

Question I have a folder and it has alot of presets ive saved from others who have shared their files here...
Can I just move that folder over or open it up go in highlight the files or select all and drag those over to axe manage
and they will load up into axe ?

I dont mind over writing any of the patches which are there right now to hear these others..
I want to over write all the patches into my own anyway but keep these presets I see and like shared here..

I was wondering if its ok just to make folder save all those presets into that folder go in select those and drag them all over or one bye one using control and
drag and drop them over...?

I am on a mac here g5 quad core. So curious if this will work on these type files or must I go in save a new folder inside this program axe edit
move these files over into that folder then follow the procedure you laid out here ?
Highlighting them then dragging them over into axe..

I have a boat load of files saved in folder now so trying to get them over to axe and open.

Back
Top Bottom