How hard is to get a basic rock tone going? Two great factory IRs and Axe edit.

Excellent stuff all round
thumbsup.gif

Very nice. This is both such a blessing and such a curse. When everything sounds good, which one sounds the best???? It’s also a good illustration on how time noodling in front of the AFx2 just seem to disappear :)

it's not hard at all and that's why i'm constantly amazed by how bad some people make it sound. all that futzing around with advanced parameters and poor cab choices, i suppose...

what surprised me most about this vid is how good that cab pairing sounds....i'm assuming one is a marshall and the other is a vox?

OwnHammer G12L Black Back in a Marshall cab, Royer 121 mic.
Fractal Cab Pack 4's Vox IR (mixed mics).

That was his point. Easy as opening a can of Coke. Sober....

Eh, not exactly...with all respect, I think you're over simplifying things a bit. What Aziz didn't show is the process of finding the "right" cab...how long did that take? :)

If you think about all of the tonal combinations between amps and cabs, for many users (including myself) it can get pretty daunting. Yes, I've found good combinations, but just because you find a "good" cab combination that will work well with one amp, it doesn't mean that cab will work well with another amp, and then you're back to wading through hundreds of IR's to find the "right" one. You may get lucky, and stumble across, a good combination, but otherwise, it takes some work.

Amazing sounds tho Aziz! And good promo video for the Axe. Thanks for sharing. I just wish it really was that easy... :)

Cool!

I knew, that those Cabs are Sound great - but not that combination. In early Days i´v tried to Combine am Marshall and Vox Amp, but not both Cabs.

As usual a guitarist thinks a Marshall cab is only good enough for a Marshallamp..........

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Edit: there´s a lot of low end - bass with the OH R121 Cab. But not in your Video..........How did you do it? A guitar with less bass - Tele maybe?

In my opinion that OH cab is great, it's thick but not muddy or too bass heavy. That stood out immediately when I tested the freebies. And vox, well, I love a nice crunchy and sparkly Vox sound, and I love to try different voxy IR's out. I started with only the Vox ir for low gain gritty spanky tones, but added the Marshall for bigness and thud. And this combo works pretty good. The guitar is a PRS SE with P90 soapbar pickups. Lovely thick twang, "best of both worlds" sound with the clarity and dynamics of a single coil, without screechy treble, and with punch and kick and power of a humbucker but not the muddiness.

How hard is it? Up to Fw14.00 is was extremely difficult for me. Since I applied 14.02 it has become very simple.

hI´ve tried dies evening and have also find a few good new sounds. But the most ony with a PEQ behind the cabblock with blocking 100 Herz down...........
Will post them here..........but first I have to Play two gigs this Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom