How far can you push 1x12 passive xitone with Matrix gt1000

Spookeylukey

Hey all! Bit of a noob when it comes to cab wattages/ohms etc. so forgive me if this is a silly question!

I'm expecting a brand new xitone 1x12 passive wedge tomorrow, and will connecting from my Axe fx3 --> Matrix gt1000 --> Xitone.

I just can't figure out how many watts the passive xitone wedge can handle or its ohmage? Matrix gt1000 in bridged mode can output 1000W - Will this blow the xitone if I put it the volume all the way up? (I'm guessing it will, 1000W seems like a lot!?)

So I'm basically wondering how loud can I go on the Matrix without damaging the xitone?

Thanks guys!

@MicFarlow can answer that for you...

Note that its not just the amp but how loud the signal from the Axe Fx into the amp that matters.

I have a GT800FX that I run in stereo into 2 Xitone wedges. My presets are leveled to the 0 mark on the Axe Fx VU meter. I run the Matrix full on and control my volume with the Output 3 knob on the front

If you're pumping the GT1000 in bridged mode at full volume into a single Xitone it would be freaking LOUD!

Thanks man! Good point, I should mention as well, I level my presets to around 0 as well.

If it's loud, then thats great! I need to compete with my drummer in a metal band lol. Although, I'm more wondering if the speakers will get damaged by playing them at such high volumes?

Thanks man! Good point, I should mention as well, I level my presets to around 0 as well.

If it's loud, then thats great! I need to compete with my drummer in a metal band lol. Although, I'm more wondering if the speakers will get damaged by playing them at such high volumes?
I know Mic has been using some different speakers over time. I am not sure what the power rating is. Hopefully he'll chime in here... Or you can email/call him.

Update for anyone else wondering: Mick replied to my emails today, saying they are rated at 250W RMS, 8 ohm and 500W program power. He also recommended NOT to run the matrix in bridged mode to the Xitone, which is fine, I'm sure 250W will be loud enough :)

Back
Top Bottom