How does one post an Axe screen dump/print in a thread?!

Georgy

Inspired
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before..

I want to share a few screen dumps/prints from my Axe.. but wouldn't have a clue how to do it! I've used the camera icon, clicked it, it tells me it's saved.... and that's where I get lost!! :(

Any help here would be much appreciated..

Thanks in advance guys :)

the camera icon saves a file of your preset, not a picture. the picture/screenshot function is done by the computer OS.

are you on mac? pc? i only know how to do it on mac - press Command+Shift+3 to take a FULL screen shot. press Command+Shift+4 to turn the mouse into a selection tool, then click+drag the area you want to capture, let go of the click and it will take that pic. all files end up on your desktop.

i don't know how to do it on PC. i think you still press the PrintScreen button on the keyboard, but from there i don't know where it goes.

On a PC, <PRINTSCREEN> goes into the paste buffer, so you have to paste it somewhere and then "save as", then host the image somewhere so you can link to the forum

On the PC hold the windows key and press prt sc key. It saves a snapshot to your documents/pictures/ folder under screenshots

Thanks for all your helps guys.. I've done it the old fashioned way; Ctrl + PrtScr and pasted it from there. All good - thank again guys!

Note: Thanks Chris for your input.. however I automatically assumed that the camera icon actually does a screen print of just the Axe Edit screen.. THAT WOULD MAKE THINGS SO MUCH EASIER! The Axe FX is capable of doing so much, how can it not do that?!

Thanks for all your helps guys.. I've done it the old fashioned way; Ctrl + PrtScr and pasted it from there. All good - thank again guys!

Note: Thanks Chris for your input.. however I automatically assumed that the camera icon actually does a screen print of just the Axe Edit screen.. THAT WOULD MAKE THINGS SO MUCH EASIER! The Axe FX is capable of doing so much, how can it not do that?!
because that's a computer function, not a function of most apps.

FYI, on most recent versions of Windows (since Vista or Win7), you should have the included app called Snipping Tool... Gives you some further ability than printscreen.

There is also a tool called SnagIt that I used before that... Don't remember if there was a free version.

Back
Top Bottom